b16a2 swap into 97 civic ex help NEEDED.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikevtec

I found this site the other day and looks good. I am a rookie at all of this stuff. I know that I have the stock d16y8 in my car. I bought a b16a2 engine with the tranny. The guy I bought it from is a close friend and said it is the complete swap. I need help with steps on putting it in and wiring everything up. Taking out the d16 shouldn't be hard. If somebody could just give me some help on steps I need to do to put the engine and tranny in so there is vtec and it runs it would be great! Thanks.

You will just need the rear T-bracket, driver side mount, both torque mounts for the front, Axles from the b16, shift linkage from a b-series, ecu for the b16. Vtec will plug right up..

You will need the P2T ecu but it is for the obd2b you have a obd2a plug I think there is a conversion harness to change it..

Sweet thanks again. And after I take out the d16 i just pretty much bolt on the b16 and plug everything back up?

Back