B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pics

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

Cornerweighting is completed. She is still portly. I need to find more weight to remove..

Front
61.7%

Left
52.1%

Cross Weight
50.2%

Right
47.9%

Rear
38.3%

Total race weight including driver and fluids

hmm.. CF hood and trunk, no wing, interior panels etc..

have you stripped the sound deadening .. now is the perfect time while its cold.. will literally chip right off

ya, all sound deadening is out. I do need to remove all door panels and electronics for the door bars anyways. Which means all side glass would also be removed.

Wonder how much diff a CF trunk and hood will make?

My CF Fit hood was easy to lift with one hand. The stock hood took two hands, and some coordination.

If you get a decent CF hood, it'll weigh 20% of what the OE hood weighs.

Chris's CF trunk lid is insanely light compared to the OE lid. I'd say his CF lid weighs 15% of the OE lid.

You might save 75 lbs by both hood and trunk.

sick build. you give people like me hope with my car. one ? tho on the dash for the heater controls. did you make the gauge pod or did you buy it.

75lbs would be nice. I guess it could be that much if I removed the latching mechanisms and everything along with it, just using hood pins.

sick build. you give people like me hope with my car. one ? tho on the dash for the heater controls. did you make the gauge pod or did you buy it.
Thanks!

I made that gauge pod. I made a template in cardboard and took it to TAP Plastics and they cut it for me.

My CF Fit hood was easy to lift with one hand. The stock hood took two hands, and some coordination.

If you get a decent CF hood, it'll weigh 20% of what the OE hood weighs.

Chris's CF trunk lid is insanely light compared to the OE lid. I'd say his CF lid weighs 15% of the OE lid.

yeah, and that is including the reflectors, red panel, and license plate ;)

I made that gauge pod. I made a template in cardboard and took it to TAP Plastics and they cut it for me.

lol thats where i got my CF and resin when i made my leg brace... they were extremely helpful on the phone
sent a lot of business their way since then

Thanks!

I made that gauge pod. I made a template in cardboard and took it to TAP Plastics and they cut it for me.[/QUOTE]

no problem. ive been thinking about something like that but i think i may use my controls a little to much to put one there.

Back