B18A head on B20Z block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid: just swap over the whole b20.. no need to change the head ..
yes, yes. repeating what has already been said. hmmm... must be the smart thing to do if 3 people suggest it.

thank u all for that info, i know its not common or well know but that is my idea and i want to try it. i dont have the b20 motor, im only geting a rebuilt block of a b20 and using the head i have. thanks get nick and i know the crx was first just stating what came in the car in japan.

WTF?
He wants to pull his B18 and drop a B16 if he had the money
He wants the VTEC but its too "HARD"
Jesus Christ were giving you easier ways to get power
Stop Bitching

801CRX, im not saying its hard, i just want to mess with it at the moment. im on a schedule the current b18 in the teg has a bad rod bearing and a grove in the cylinder wall that sucks oil at a fast rate. i will by a short block b20 fully built and swap it in. now upgraded built just a rebuild in factory specs.

sorry for any trouble, i didnt think it was necessary to include that. but thank you everyone for there info and help.

B20 water pump and B18A timing belt. You use the timing belt that goes with the head on head swaps.

Well, thats a bit of worthless information. Know why? B20's and LS's use the same timing belts, same water pumps, same head studs/bolts, pretty much everything is the same between the LS and B20's. Except for the crank pulley, not sure of the difference, but i think the LS may be a tad smaller.

Anyway.

Its fucking awesome how everyone on here will tell someone what else to do rather than answer there very simple question.

To put the LS head on the B20 short block you're going to need.

Head bolts or studs. ARP or OEM, doesn't matter. One is cheaper, one is not.

Head gasket. You can use either an LS or a B20. you should use the B20 as suggested because its an 84mm bore were as the LS is 81 by OE specs.

Water pump and timing belt. Use both LS water pump and timing belt. You can use a GSR pump and belt. GSR, well all b series VTEC engines use a 22 teeth pump where as the LS/B20 has only 19 teeth.

Intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. For the intake you can only use the LS/B20 as they are the SAME. Since both B20 and LS heads are externally the same, also internally. Most B20 heads are P75 (94+ LS casting). There is one exception, that would be the P8R. Which, if you want info on that. Search on here or Honda-Tech. For the exhaust manifold gasket, you can use any b series exhaust manifold gasket, doesn't matter.

Valve cover and gaskets - you can reuse your stock valve cover, however you will not have any sort of PCV system. So you should either utilize a catch can of some sort or get a 96+ LS/B20 valve cover that has the PCV in the valve cover. Use stock LS valve cover gasket and plug grommets.

Cam seals, use LS.

Cam plug, any b series will work. I used a billet made by golden eagle, OE honda will work as well.

Im sorry that your first or one of your first threads went way off topic of shit you should do. But, thats typically what happens on here.

Welcome to HondaSwap though.
That pretty much sums it up.

Dude. Fuck you.

uhm. ok. not sure why your butthurt, its not like I called you a fuck head for posting about something you knew nothing about. now did i? nope. just trying to keep the thread on topic. i guess thats too much to ask for here on good old hondaswap.

No, that was for acting like you've never flamed a newbie before...which you used to do quite frequently. If I'm wrong I learn. And yeah dude, I don't know anything about engines or head swaps. I'm a total goober. Ahyuck.

Nah, I know I used to. I no longer do however. I realized how shitty it made the site appear to be.

Anywho, IIRC you're the D series guru, right? Well, sorry. But you gave wrong information, or rather misleading information. I just corrected you. I wasn't flaming anyone.

This thread is 2 pages long... it appears as if answers to his questions were not given.

Dude Blanco everyones been getting on your case for some reason or another. Not only in this thread, but the cheerleader one too.
WTF happend when I was gone?

Another question. will the b18 oil pan work with the b20 block?

YES!!!!!!!!!

Like I posted earlier the B20 and LS are essentially the same on the out side.

to make it a little more simple...

The only things that will not work on the LS from the B20 are.... Pistons and rings. the only reason they wont work is because the LS is as you know 81mm and the b20 is 84mm.

Back