b18a1 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rad15e

hello, i'm a newbe so here goes,i have a 91 integra with a b18a1 that just got wrecked and is to bad to fix,i have a 91 crx with a d16a6 with a blowed engine,my thought is to put the b18 in the crx, do i need another set of mounts and if so where can i find them,can they be bought used,thanks for any help

^well that was helpful...

you will need:

-engine/trans
-pr4 obd0 ecu
-da axles
-da halfshaft (must be from manual trans car)
-da rear transmission bracket
-b-series into ef shift linkages (or shorten a da linkage to fit)
-b-series into ef motor mounts (try ebay or craigslist for used ones possibly)

Since you have the a6 i will assume your car is an Si. that being said it is already mpfi, and the spindles you have now will work fine with b-series axles. so you're good there.

it's a good idea to remove the dust rings behind the spindles as well. it allows more clearance for the axle to move, and helps prevent the constant velocity joints from binding up.

bseriesdustringremoval.jpg

lastly, make clearance so your alternator pulley doesn't rub against the inner chassis.

altclearance.png

thanks alot for the info guys but i'm confused,i looked at the hasport mounts on there site and one that seemed to fit my needs said it was a 3 piece kit,i thought there should be 4- 1 other thing the welding and shortning is not a problem but what about the halfshaft both of these car are manual will they work,i'm way out on a limb here and seem to be a little stupid lol thanks lol

All mount kits for b-series into an ed use 3 mounts. the front trans to crossmember mount is not used. yes you can use the halfshaft and axles from your wrecked teg.

thanks alot ,i'm getting started as soon as i can,i would say i'll have more to ask lol---looks like i'm gonna have a si trans and some d16a6 parts to get rid of if anydodys looking,i'm in ky.

hey guys got sidetracked but i'm back,something looked a little off on the motor and i found that the can sprockets were cracked and bent from the rollover,found a oem set on ebey but was for a b16will these fit or does it need to be b18,also found an ajustable set would these be better,thanks

ok i finally got time to set the b18 down in the crx with the mounts i got everything seems to be ok there,i got to looking at the harnness on the teg motor and the harness in the crx and not much seems to be the same,do i need to take the harnness out of the teg or am i missing something, thanks guys

thanks alot ,going to get started on that next,anything i should watch for

I have a dx 4dr. Would your intake/tb/dizzy swap to my 1.5???

I have most all teh parts for the ls swap but until then this engine is running too good to swap just yet.

Let me know. E

the engine i have lelt is a d16a6 si,every thing in the top end is good but i don't no about the swap , these guys on here are a lot smarter than me on these swaps,they might help us out

yes the intake, tb, and dizzy will work fine on your d15

Back