b18a1 into 88 ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akshn1

i just bought a ls swap...i have a 88 ef...has anyone done this swap before? how hard was it...and has anyone got this car reffed with this motor....NEED INFO!!!

Its a pretty basic swap depending on the trim level of your car, search a little and you will find a ton of info on this swap.

word.pretty easy,1 step up from direct replacement.you will need
mounts(i have a set for sale if interested)
axles
ecu
shiftlinkage
fluids
and the accessories for the motor

i bought the full swap for $750 off a friend...b18a1..AVID mounts..b16 tranny re-geared to have 4,5th ls gear..lightened flywheel..shift linkage with short shifter................how hard is the swap? does it drop right in?

wow you got a hell of a deal..it doesnt exactly drop right in..you have to dent the drivers frame rail to clear the alt. and i had to cut the front mount bracket off the front crossmember,you also have to dent the lip down on the rear crossmember to clear the tranny bracket

Frommy understanding the only changes really you have to do with teh wiring is at the dizy.

im gonna be dropping it in this week hopefully see how it comes out...ill post pics...

SO, howd it work out for you??
I just picked up a 90 4dr and already have the LS parts (Gathering more info since the D15 just runs too wel to pull just now.)
E

Back