B18c Vs B18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naldo

:D i wanted to know what makes the b18c have that extra umph to be able to have higher power output than the b18c1 and would an extra part here and there make the b18c1 be equal with the b18 c?

i'm guessing you're meaning b18c5 and the b18c1, so, the b18c5 has more aggressive cams, better IM, higher CR, better flowing head, and the most important is, the tranny. It has closer gears and a 4.78 FD vs a 4.40 that the gsr has.

first of all, welcome to the site... but pelase post in the right forum. this is the bullshit forum, not a tech forum.
:moved:

secondly,
b18c Spec R is not the b18c5.
b18c/R is the JDM ITR motor. and yes, it is a little different from the US version.
the jdm version has a better 4-1 manifold, stiffer outer valve springs, 4.785 final drive vs. the US 4.40 tranny, and of course, the red valve cover :)
i might have missed something there...

at any rate, a gsr vs an itr have some differences, mostly in the head, and compression. the gsr has a block girdle, the itr doesn't. the itr has a better intake manifold with out the gay 2ndary butter flies, as well as larger cam profiles.

there's a bunch of difference, all small, but let the ITR add up to more power.

I think that he is talking about what is the diffrence between the jdm b18c (sir-G) and the usdm b18c1. Compresion is a tad higher in the JDM version along with less emissions stuff and a better flowing intake manifold.

I thought that the SiR-G had the same intake manny??Just curious on what exactly was done to make it flow better???

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 10 2003, 05:19 PM
I thought that the SiR-G had the same intake manny??Just curious on what exactly was done to make it flow better???

Milan

it does.
asmallsol is wrong

after doing a little research ive found that the GSR, ITR, CTR, all have block girdles

I thought that the SiR-G had the same intake manny?? hey on this topic i was wondering if a gsr b18c intake manifold is the same as the one on a b18c1 gsr?

Back