1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18C1 header?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by crxboi, Aug 27, 2006.

1. crxboi

crxboi Junior Member

Okay, I just got done swapping out my little Mini-Me in my 95 civic Sedan for a '99 B18C1 Combo (engine, Trans). It came with a header mounted on it (Comptech Header). I was wondering if ALL B series headers are short or just this one? I got a gap from the header to the cat (about 6-8 inches of NADA). What type of header do I get? Mahalo

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

94-95 (maybe til 99) gsr headers are short

3. crxboi

crxboi Junior Member

So which one?

What year and style should I get then? I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I wanna get it right the first time! Thanks

4. tip

tip Senior Member

do it right

go to a exhast shop and have them put a new 2 1/4" pipe and cat. This way you have the same size pipe all the way out. if you stay stock in this area then its like this ===---======

5. crxboi

crxboi Junior Member

Well, from what I read and seen, I am gonna try and get a Honda B-series header. I have one in my '90 CRX B18A1 (used to be a B16A) and that one has a longer bottom end. Mahalo!

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I'd say keep the Comptech header and just have an exhaust shop and have your piping redone to work with the header. Comptech stuff is expensive; if the header is in good shape I'd keep it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted