b18c1 in a 97 civic sedan lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4doorcivic

what up ill be getting a 98 b18c1 engine, tranny, ecu and axles and i was wondering if i could use my factory harness for this swap anf if the integra axles will and if ill need anything else to finih it. thanks

96-98 ex harness. youll have to lengthen the o2 sensor, vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure wires. the 'teg axles should fit.

youll also need b-series mounts.youll for sure need the rear mount... i used my stock d-series on the driver's side on my b16, but i think the b18 might be different...im sure tim@canspeed will correct me if im wrong ;)

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 27 2004, 04:55 PM
96-98 ex harness. youll have to lengthen the o2 sensor, vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure wires. the 'teg axles should fit.

youll also need b-series mounts.youll for sure need the rear mount... i used my stock d-series on the driver's side on my b16, but i think the b18 might be different...im sure tim@canspeed will correct me if im wrong ;)

would this be about the same stuff for a 97 dx? I know the lx has the same engine

you mean the same procedure for swapping into a dx? if so, yes.

however, if youre asking if you can use a dx harness, the answer is no.

dx, lx, cx = d16y7 non-vtec
ex = d16y8 vtec

well, you CAN use a dx harness, but you'd have to rewire it for vtec.

so:

1. swap procedure is the same in a dx or lx

2. no matter what, use an ex harness

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 2 2004, 06:12 PM
you mean the same procedure for swapping into a dx? if so, yes.

however, if youre asking if you can use a dx harness, the answer is no.

dx, lx, cx = d16y7 non-vtec
ex = d16y8 vtec

well, you CAN use a dx harness, but you'd have to rewire it for vtec.

so:

1. swap procedure is the same in a dx or lx

2. no matter what, use an ex harness

Thanks!

Just curious is it a lot of work to rewire the vtec? Also what if I got the complete swap without a cut wiring harness?

sorry to be such a noob but I am done with the outside of my car now i want some real power under da hood :lol:

its a bitch to wire a dx harness for vtec. if you get an ex harness, thats one thing that you KNOW that isnt messed up, in case you run into swap problems.

there was no usdm civic that had a dohc b-series motor. the integras had different harnesses. youre gonna have to use an ex harness (or rig up a dx harness) no matter what.

Actualy the D16Y7 (P2E) harness to B18C1 (P72) ECU isn't that bad.

Heres what needs to be changed:

VTEC Solenoid - Add to pin A8
VTEC Oil Pressure - Add to pin C15
Knock Sensor - Add to pin D6
Intake Manifold Control (GSR) - Add to pin A26
IAC (Blu/Blk wire) - Move from pin A14 to A12 (D16Y7 and D16Y8 AT use a three wire IAC. The B18C, B16A2 and D16Y8 MT use a two wire IAC.)

These sensors require an isolated sensor ground which you can pull from pin A23.

A pin removal tool should be used so you don't muck up the harness and break wires. Much easier to use the D series harness in this case. You do however need a few plugs from the B Series harness for the VTEC, IAC, Knock sensor etc.

Originally posted by Tim@Canspeed.com@Feb 2 2004, 08:19 PM
Actualy the D16Y7 (P2E) harness to B18C1 (P72) ECU isn't that bad.

Heres what needs to be changed:

VTEC Solenoid - Add to pin A8
VTEC Oil Pressure - Add to pin C15
Knock Sensor - Add to pin D6
Intake Manifold Control (GSR) - Add to pin A26
IAC (Blu/Blk wire) - Move from pin A14 to A12 (D16Y7 and D16Y8 AT use a three wire IAC. The B18C, B16A2 and D16Y8 MT use a two wire IAC.)

These sensors require an isolated sensor ground which you can pull from pin A23.

A pin removal tool should be used so you don't muck up the harness and break wires. Much easier to use the D series harness in this case. You do however need a few plugs from the B Series harness for the VTEC, IAC, Knock sensor etc.

Wow thnx man!

yeah...

but its still teh easier to just get an ex harness, and that eliminates the chance of you accidentally miswiring something.

its easier in the long run.

damn you tim....

Back