1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c1 into a 98 hatch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Unsought Devil, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Unsought Devil

Unsought Devil Junior Member

I just bought a 96 gsr from some one that was totaled out because the air bags went off. I want to swap it into my 98 civic hatch, also the 4wheel disc and I would like to throw in the dash and door panel but dont think they would fit.
    But the motor has over a 100k. I need to know what i should do first and what i should buy or do to the motor before instal.

2. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

timing belt and water pump...much easier out of the car

also, the door panels won't fit

3. Unsought Devil

Thanks for the info. Should i do any of the internals i.e. camgears, cams,rods,pistons, and so on. Also would the dash fit in

4. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

Perform a leakdown test. If the engine needs rings or anything for that matter, it would definitely be easier out of the car.

5. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

When it comes to the rear disc brake conversion it is really easy, most of the time, if you take a few steps. It didn't go easy for me untill a friend of mine showed me the stupid stuff i was doing. Best tip is if one of the bushings is so stuck to the bolt that it won't move, then leave it. Mostly all of the parts from the old setup are the same as those on the gsr setup so just leave whatever wont come off. I didn't think of this and it led to cutting and a busted bracket( broke the welded nut off which is impossible to get to because its inside of the frame support [​IMG] ). Cost me three days untill my body bailed me out.

6. Unsought Devil

Thanks for the info

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted