b18c1 into a 98 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Unsought Devil

I just bought a 96 gsr from some one that was totaled out because the air bags went off. I want to swap it into my 98 civic hatch, also the 4wheel disc and I would like to throw in the dash and door panel but dont think they would fit.
But the motor has over a 100k. I need to know what i should do first and what i should buy or do to the motor before instal.

timing belt and water pump...much easier out of the car

also, the door panels won't fit

Perform a leakdown test. If the engine needs rings or anything for that matter, it would definitely be easier out of the car.

When it comes to the rear disc brake conversion it is really easy, most of the time, if you take a few steps. It didn't go easy for me untill a friend of mine showed me the stupid stuff i was doing. Best tip is if one of the bushings is so stuck to the bolt that it won't move, then leave it. Mostly all of the parts from the old setup are the same as those on the gsr setup so just leave whatever wont come off. I didn't think of this and it led to cutting and a busted bracket( broke the welded nut off which is impossible to get to because its inside of the frame support :mad: ). Cost me three days untill my body bailed me out.

Quoted post[/post]]
When it comes to the rear disc brake conversion it is really easy, most of the time, if you take a few steps. It didn't go easy for me untill a friend of mine showed me the stupid stuff i was doing. Best tip is if one of the bushings is so stuck to the bolt that it won't move, then leave it. Mostly all of the parts from the old setup are the same as those on the gsr setup so just leave whatever wont come off. I didn't think of this and it led to cutting and a busted bracket( broke the welded nut off which is impossible to get to because its inside of the frame support :mad: ). Cost me three days untill my body bailed me out.

Thanks for the info

Back