B20 89 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EthanC

I need help... I tried to not be a noob and search for info but its proving to be frustratingly difficult. I have a 1989 Honda Civic Dx Hatchback, it has a D15b2 with a hole in the block.
I am wanting to drop in a B20 but am unsure as to what all I will need. Motor, tranny, ecu,.... Then what? What do I do for axles or motor mounts? I know I will have to do some ODB wiring, any other custom rigging? Will my A/c and heat still work? Will my D series Radiator work?
Are there any links or how-tos you could direct me to? Or info you could provide?

you gonna need a 90-93 tranny and all the mounts. you need b series shift linkage, 90-93 axles, your heater will work a/c dont know i never put one on. radiator leave it alone. Ls intake manifold. and wen you put a b series motor on a EF you have to bang the chassy were the altenator goes cuz its gonna hit. i had to doit. but if you buy cuztom motor mounts its no necesary. and the wirieng i took it to my friend i dont know wat he did. but i hope this info helps you. =)

My knowledge base on the EFs is limited right now, but from what I understand, the ^^ is pretty much it. You will more than likely have to get some sort of conversion harness, either RyWire or HASport, Although I don't know if HASport provides it ( I know RyWire does).

I think any B series tranny will work, along with the linkage.

As for the radiator, You can make the old one work, but If you can get your hands on a teg radiator that's full size, go for it. A little extra cooling power never hurt anyone.

Back