b20 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@May 12 2004, 10:35 AM
Jeff- those are some really nice numbers- but that torque curve in your graph looks really jumpy.

I think $5000 is his budget including assembly and installation- not just for parts.

unfortunately it is.. i would jump all over that if i had the money now.. i'm going to start peicing everyhting together, and in about a year, i want to have it all assembled, tuned and running low low 13's or sky high 12's.. i really wish i had the money now!!! :angry:

maybe we can work something out, sometime soon..

working only 30 hours a week, plus school, plus girlfriend kick my ass when it comes to money <_<

Calesta, the torque curve is really not all over, its the scale of the graph, it only goes up and down like 3-4 lbs and thats due to the Try_Y design header type he is using, they always suck at like 6 grand.

WILL. Love you buddy! When are you going to join the Wiseco and GE parade? haha.

Anyway. H series? DUDE. My car is at jerry's right now getting the built H23/VTEC with the works...SMSP header you name it. I got a 1 off intake manifold just for my freaking motor made! haha.

It will probably be the highest HP prelude motor using stock honda pistons, stock CAMS, non-ported head, the block is not decked at all, and the head is not milled.

I am going to run 12's on the street tires through the muffler. Of course, your CRX is going to dominate with a lude motor.

What kind of pistons do you have in the motor? What is the dome volume total? I have some pistons that will offer probably at least another WHOLE point of compression over what you got! And you know I hook you up man.

Might even do you a set for trade. You got junk I want!

Love you WILL!

Jeff

Jeff, my mistake. I didn't look at the scale. I'm used to reading dyno charts with the same scale for power and torque. The line's still ugly though.

:)

On a side note- completely OT... my engine with your CP pistons in it will start tomorrow morning! MUAAHAHHAAHH

Mike

Originally posted by exospeed*com@May 11 2004, 11:52 PM
Im not a big fan of the B20 really.

The cylinder walls on a B20 are initially weaker than an LS motor. If I was to build a block, I'd try to pick up a cheap LS block, sleeve it to 84mm to make the 2.0L setup.

that is a stronger setup and is much stronger.

Here's what I would do...
Exospeed Stage 4 Race block
* 84mm 12:1 pistons
* Eagle Rods
* Complete rebuild with new OEM parts.

Head: VTEC head
* Supertech Valvetrain
* RS Machines cams
* Supertech Stainless steel valves/Nitride coated

Manifold: Skunk2

Flywheel and clutch.
B16 trans
hondata

that right there is about $5500.
but a Stronger Block.
which I am sure will hit about 200-210hp to the wheels

do your research and make yourself actually measure the diff. between the ls and b20 before you say its thinner.

I have a 95 DX coupe.... Wanna run?

B20/B16
Turbo and MUCH MORE.....

Enough Said....

Did anyone actually figure out the dynamic compression and cranking pressure with those pistons and cam combinations? Or just guess...

because guessing rarely leaves you with the best possible setup, and making the most power for your dollar.

Back