b20 crank in b18c1 block???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GoLoorDontGo

I was wondering if i could put a b20 crankshaft in my obd1 b18c1 block so that i can get more torque. If anyone has any ideas about this please hit me up cuz i think it would be tight if it actually worked.

also would it be able to make a really hybrid engine that is a b18b block with a b20 crank and a b18c1 head. im tryin to get a good amount of torque but stick with a b18 bottom end

shit so basically then i could just replace my b18c1 crank with a b18b crank and i would have the same

ya i kno cuz the bottom end on the ls is way better than the gsrs bottom end but i didnt kno that the b20 and the b18b crank were the same

uhh, no, its not.

the gsr bottom end is much better than the ls/b20 due to its crank girdle, oil quiters, and better rod ratio

and this has NOTHING to do with swaping in a motor. please use the right forum.

ya but the torque on a stock ls is better than the torque on a stock gsr im just tryin to figure out how to tune it so it will run at its full potential

the ls crank creates an extra 33cc's which if you broke down your current motor which is a gsr which is a 1.797 liter, and the LS is an 1.834 liter, it wouldn't be worth the cost to do that.

You want tq, break her down and sleeve her out to 84mm's with your stock crank.

Milan

You can put a b20,b18 crank in a b18c block. This is a great combonation for racing however, may not be so great for street use. The best way to do it is to have the wrist pins moved up in the pistons to account for the extra stroke. RS machines does this all the time. And like "Calesta" said Bore and stroke and you have a hell of a motor. What you end up with is a b20 vtec with a stronger bottom end. But you use 2 motors to do it. And you end up with a bunch of left overs.
It does work, but is it worth it?

Back