B20 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

check timing, Also check your tensioners.

If all checks out good, pull the valve cover off and check your valve lash. Also wouldnt hurt to pull off head and inspect valves, springs, and retainers.

If you think you spun a rod bearing pull the oil pan, pick up tube, and baffle to inspect the rods.

My timing is dead on at 16 degrees.. It has a brand new tensioner, w.pump, and belt.. I just replaced the head and head gasket a few months ago.. the valve lash is set to .003 intake, .007 exhaust.. I have titanium springs and retainers in the head....

Furthuring my investigation i have air coming into the head around the tranny end when i spin the crank.. so my bet is a bent valve, any takers?.. will be rebuilt this winter..

sounds really tight on the intake, i would run them 7 and 9. running your valve lash too tight can rob you of power.

do a leak down test to see were your losing compression.

I lashed the intake to spec.. if lashing them too tight is it possible for the valvetrain to chatter? I borrowed a leakdown tester after i changed the head and had good results.. im looking for a good on due to my friend being shipped to the gulf for national gaurd.. whats a good one to own? i hear mattco makes a good one but kinda pricy?

Back