b20 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stock b20+boost= nono!! the sleeves suck and the b20 has no oil squirters.

It's not a no-no at all, it's all in the tune.

A car is only as good as the tune. An experienced tuner can do amazing things which could make or break your motor. Don't skimp on a tune. And if you do, you can PayPal me the money that you should have spent when you blow your shit up.

a b20 will hold boost just fine i installed a turbonetics t3/t4 on a buddys b20b and its held up fine for about half a year with him going out and racing every weekend and going to the track on sundays it hasnt missed a beat i thought the same thing every one else did about the sleeves being to thin but after seeing his i changed my mind

B20 walls are fine, granted they are thin but slap on a tripple core aluminum rad on there, add a bottle of "cool down" by VP racing fule, Boost it Tune the shit out of it and you have a great B20 Turbo.

Now if you want to build a b20 vtec do the same as above but buy frorged aluminum pistons, eagle or crower rods. if buying eagle rods buy arp rod bolts and if your using crower stick with crower rod bolts.

9 out of 10 b20 vtec flings a rod or gets rod knock and thats because the stock rods strech when reving that high and or a rod bolt brakes. \

thanks for the food for thought. hard to tell what to do, as i am getting info on both sides of the fence. guys that have done it say ok, guys that havent say oh no. hell its only time and money, besides i just want my car back together, its been down for almost five months now, really hate the damn mini van...........got 20's though....lol

Best piece of advice you can take to heart is to take your time with this. A great piece of advice would be to build the engine and then drive it all motor for awhile. Get about 3,000 miles on that sucker before you turbo it. This will allow you some time to get the little kinks worked out that always come up, even with a simple swap. Then you can boost it.

Try to do both at the same time, and you usually end up with one big headache.

thats what i figured on doing after all that i talked to. gives me time to save for pistons, rods, and good b16 head. go with p&p on the head, port match intake and exhaust, stage 2 cams, msd ignition, sheet metal intake. only money.lol.

i don't get why everyone bashes on each other dude if you want go for it some people pull it off and some don't don't get pist when it gives out and you now have a paper weight till you get a new engine

Back