b20b compression test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsolcrazy

Just did a compression test on my b20b with mixed results. cylinder 1 and 4 are both around 190 but 2 and 3 are 160ish. I did a block guard before I swaped it in, so i probably caused this problem. My question is... I was unable to run the engine to get it warm before I Tested it(fresh swap so its not ready to run yet) Could that have an effect like this or is it more likely my head gasket job.

I didn't run it. I was trying to ask if the engine not being warm could cause a fluctuation like that. It is not a fresh build although i did remove the head install a block guard then reinstalled the head with a new head gasket. I just wanted to compression test it before iwent much further because the block guard was a pita to install, and I wanted to see if the HG sealed. The engine has oil in it but I havent installed the radiator yet. This engine has not been run in probably 2-3yrs. Its been sitting in my garage that long.

I have another question maybe you could help me with. Im putting this in my 95 sol. I have the slave cylinder from the d series that was in there. will that work on the LS trany I have. I tried to put it on but the little rod that goes from the slave to the clutch arm seems to long even though the holes for the slave line up. Is that little part different from b to d series?

Back