Battery is dying but alt. is good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chaz_w16

hey i got a 89 ef and we put a LS in it. The car runs fine but for some reason the battery keeps dying. It will last a long time if i have nothing turned on like lights, wipers, anything like that but when i turn them on the battery goes dead in a matter of minutes. any ideas?

Have you checked the wiring? My cousin's LS/VTEC EG did pretty much the same thing; we found out he forgot to tighten the wire on the alternator terminal.

I had a charging problem with my car and I had a bad battery. The alt was good but the battery had a dead cell and just would not hold a charge. I would think it was more of a wiring problem the if you say it does ok until you put a load on it.

The battery is brand new and all the wires are tight. Does this car have a internal voltage regulator or a external?

i had this happen to me once.. my alternator belt broke.. not saying its your problem, but could be

W3RD if a belt frays just right, it will slip and not squeal. Happened to my ol' Ranger. Damn V-belts.

Hey figured out the problem i was going through all the wiring and there was a wire grounded that wasnt suppose to be

Back