Beer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I assume by heffe you mean heffeweizen. Blue Moon isn't one. It's similar, but there are subtle differences.

Ill be damned you're right. I really dont know enough about wheat beers apparently. I just lumped them all into the same category.

and to think (when i went out more) i used to yell at people for thinking 'if it's yellow its a lager, if its black its a porter, if its red its an ale' kinda stuff. Learn something new every day. Thanks.

5 beers? I wish that got me drunk. Not since like high school. And I had a kegorator my Soph and Junior year at college. Usually had Molsen in it. Great investment, but you tend to drink more because it's always cold.
Generally the callous between my thumb and index can get them open, but when its bad I just use my shirt. No need for an opener.

I'm still building a tolerance. It used to be 3 and I was shitfaced, after 5 I can still walk, talk, and explain electrical wiring to my cousins' new friend.

My problem is smoking while drinking, I had 12 last night between 5 and 1:30 am. If I could stop that, that'd be great.

I have callous on my fingers, but it just wouldn't open at all without an oven mit.

Brewing your own FTW!

attachment.php

Got a Barley Wine in secondary fermentation, when it's done, I'm hoping for 14% alc.
Yeah, I like strong beer :)

HOw long have you been fermenting?

I've been considering buying a home brew kit just to try it, but I'm not the most patient person around. My brother in law has one and said it's 2 weeks minimum, which doesn't seem nearly long enough, and a friend of mine had one we just drank that had been going since January, which seems like a long wait.

/me dies.

I just cannot do the IPAs man.

ewww and IPA drinker.....*gag*.

I cant stand that stuff.

It's an acquired taste. I will pretty much only drink IPAs. They set my loins afire! My favorites are:

Lagunitas IPA and Firestone IPA. Heavily hoppy, strong pineapple and melon undertones, great finish without being bitter....!

I think most people hate IPA because a lot of them finish very bitterly. That is not good. Next time you have the opportunity try some different IPAs. You might be surprised.

OH!!! i almost forgot. i discovered this beer when i was in belgium. my hotel was right down the street from the brewery. everyone that works there are monks in robes with the tops of their heads shaved. it was pretty weird to see. best beer i have ever had hands down. i havent seen it in the states, but you can order it online.
IMG_0608.jpg

Were they Trappist Monks? If so I know the beer you are talking about. You can buy it bottled in some places. It is like $15 for 12 oz.

It's an acquired taste. I will pretty much only drink IPAs. They set my loins afire! My favorites are:

Lagunitas IPA and Firestone IPA. Heavily hoppy, strong pineapple and melon undertones, great finish without being bitter....!

I think most people hate IPA because a lot of them finish very bitterly. That is not good. Next time you have the opportunity try some different IPAs. You might be surprised.

Yeah, ive tried quite a few. Both of the dog fish heads you mentioned above, and then my boss has given me about a dozen to see if theres any i liked (his girl friend is the manager of a liquor store). unfortunately i've tried as many as i can stand and they just are not for me.

Were they Trappist Monks? If so I know the beer you are talking about. You can buy it bottled in some places. It is like $15 for 12 oz.

you're thinking of the right one. the 22oz is 18 bucks at our local bar, 12 bucks at central market.

there is just so much awesomeness in that picture

is that an M1 with a 30 round clip?
yes sir. its an m1 carbine. i collect historical guns. im not your typical california resident. heres the man room:D
DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

okay back on topic. anyone ever had maudite beer? i had it a few years ago and i remember it being good.

our help desk guy was talking about that the other day. I so want to try it. 2 other awesome beers (one i've had the other i've heard good things about) are La Terrible and Lobotomy Bock. La Terrible is amazing and this is coming from a guy that's not really all that happy with belgan ales in general. La Terrible and Chimay are awesome.

HOw long have you been fermenting?
About 6 months. I've only been doing extract brewing, as I don't have the setup or space for a lautering tun. Extract brewing is pretty easy and you can get started for cheap.
I've been considering buying a home brew kit just to try it, but I'm not the most patient person around. My brother in law has one and said it's 2 weeks minimum, which doesn't seem nearly long enough, and a friend of mine had one we just drank that had been going since January, which seems like a long wait.
That would be the difference between when it's "drinkable" and when it's "optimal". Just because it's fully primed doesn't mean the flavors have developed fully. There is so much chemistry going on, even after you've bottled, the beer changes from week to week, usually for the better. Anyway, buy a cheap kit and give it a try, you can upgrade your supplies along the way. After you get done, and end up with 2 cases of high quality craft beer for $40 in ingredients, you'll be hooked.

We home brewed but I would drink so much it was hard to keep up. I also could not justify taking all the time to make it when I can go buy two cases for roughly the same price as making it. I usually drink a variety of beer but deschuttes black butte porter is one of my favorites. The only homebrewing we do now is wine.

yes sir. its an m1 carbine. i collect historical guns. im not your typical california resident. heres the man room:D

looks like an awesome collection
would love some more info and better pics
might i direct you to the gun lovers thread in the NWS section

We home brewed but I would drink so much it was hard to keep up. I also could not justify taking all the time to make it when I can go buy two cases for roughly the same price as making it.
My friend Tim does it as a hobby. While yes, the price is pretty much the same, he enjoys tweaking the brew so that it is just right. Still the best beer I have ever drank was made by Tim, in his kitchen.

My friend Tim does it as a hobby. While yes, the price is pretty much the same, he enjoys tweaking the brew so that it is just right. Still the best beer I have ever drank was made by Tim, in his kitchen.

I disagree. The price is the same as cheap beer, but you're getting the 7 dollar a pint quality.
That's like saying you can build a GTM supercar kit for the same price as a new Accord, so you might as well buy an accord...

I disagree. The price is the same as cheap beer, but you're getting the 7 dollar a pint quality.
That's like saying you can build a GTM supercar kit for the same price as a new Accord, so you might as well buy an accord...
See, I didn't know that. I'm just going with what was stated above. Good to know though.

Back