Being a poor ass college student suck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

financial aid varies from student to student and it depends on parents and your own income. saying that it gives a lot means ure either cheating it or taking the maximum amount including loans. as for living with your parents, it doesnt have anything to do with that. the amount offered is determined largely of income and where you attend.

i attended a jr college for 2 years and actually got paid to go to school since i got 5k annually and i lived at home with no bills...it was great and i bought a lot of stuff but was still careful with money because....... then i transferred to a UC school and it all changed.. after tutition i had 900 bucks per quarter and then after i bought books, i had 400ish for 3 months. at this particular UC, rent is really expensive and if youre lucky you can get 400 per month with roomates, but average is around 600-700. so there was no way you can make it unless you take loans or work and i choose the later. i did roughly 15-18 units per quarter, which doesnt sound like a lot but for any science/math/engineering can you tell, its rough and i worked.

i dont kno how going to a university and getting a "regular" degree is supposed to be easier than going to ITT but it was pretty damn hard for me.

anyway, enough rambling... just try to get a job even if its like 10-15 hrs per week beacuse that extra income will work wonders.

When I was in college, I had no financial aid, no grants, loans, nothing. I worked my ass off at fast food joints, drove a geo metro that had bald tires, no insurance, inspection, or registration. Then I got tickets for it. And I didn't pay them. I was barely surviving. Then I got thrown in jail for not paying my tickets.

Had I just been lazy and gone the "give me a hand out" route, I probably could have finished college and snagged a degree. But no. I tried to do it myself and failed. Miserably.

is there a leeson in that one phrye? maybe do a little bit of both... some illegal shit, and some common sense and you get by? lol works for me

Be happy you can afford ramen noodles. There where times when I was in school that I had bread and that was about it. And trust me, when you get done and out into the world you appreciate things a helluva lot more than before.

Get the good stuff at least. I pick up boxes of Tung-I brand ramen at the Asian markets when I need to restock. It doesn't cost any more than the crap you get at the regular supermarket.

so yeah im just ranting but i was watchin tv and a freaking commercial came on for steak......... i want a freaking steak.........it makes it worse cause i was eating beef ramen noodles but yeah just saying i want a freaking steak

Go buy a two-pack of bacon-wrapped filets at the grocery store for $5, then grill them up yourself with a stove and a pan! Throw on a simple salt and pepper rub- hell, use the ramen seasoning if you have to- and you have your steak. Most grocery stores will have the pre-packaged filet mignons.

I worked through school on campus- no loans. Sysadmin stuff probably pays a little better than flipping burgers though. :shrug2:

i think its sad what college has become. i mean for the private sector i dont care because they werent designed for what the UCs were meant to do; to provide higher education to everyone regardless of income. the UCs were built so people who couldnt afford to go to Yale or Stanford could go to UCLA. however, now whenever it runs into a budget deficet they hike up student fees and tuitions and the first areas to be cut are usually funding for the schools.

and as for financial aid, you do have to be somewhat intelligent and maintain a 2.0 GPA in school and i dont see it as a hand me out unless youve never paid taxes in your life.

so yesterday i had a subway sub for lunch, for dinner i had a chinese appetizer platter for two. for breakfast i took my sister and my niece out to ihop.

:)

Back