1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Sounding Blow Off Valve

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by colorpros, Jan 23, 2003.

1. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

In your opinion what is the best sounding blow off valve.I want it loud ,I have to order one so input is going to be helpful.

2. S13Less

S13Less Member

I personally like the Greddy Type-S BoV. I had it on my 240sx before. I've heard HKS's old and new SSQV BoVs, and others but I just liked the Type-S the most.

3. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

Thats kinda the one I was thinking of getting.Thanks for the input holmes.

4. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

turbo XS makes one called lik the "supersonic" lik one of the loudest bov's lookin into that...

5. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

Thanks man.I didn't even think of xs my boy sells them at his shop.Don't they look like a freakin air horn?

6. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

Isn't that a good thing? :)

7. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

8. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

haha yea, i thought they looked lik a trumpet, but they gotta be loud as fuck

9. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

werd greddy type s is badass

10. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

not sure if you guys know this but in most cases the louder the BOV the harder it is on your turbo
    for some reason people buy them for sound and could care less about how well they work

I myself am not a cool dude I run a HKS BOV thats not very loud at all yet it does a VERY good job of getting the air out and thats all I care about

11. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

:withstupid: Everyone talks about banning rice but it seems to me like worrying about how a BOV sounds instead of how it works is rice. If its super loud its just gonna bring attention, not exactly like, but same concept as buying a F&F wing and isnt it....

12. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

I agree! But if he really wants a loud BOV TurboXS makes the RFL BOV! RFL stands for really fuckin loud! But the Greddy type-S is the shit.

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

greddy type R is the shit :) and blitz DD is the TP used to wipe up the shit :)

14. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

This car is advertisment for my body shop and my buddys import shop.I want it to get all the attention it can get.Thats why I want a loud BOV.I could care less about what people might call Rice.If I wanted i could buy any car I wanted there is no budget.Know what Im sayin.So when people like you laugh because I have a loud BOV youll be doing it while I BLOW your freakin doors off.And If I dont outrun you this week i will be back the next w/something better.If you want to take it to that level.

15. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

that works for me! if you ever get tired of your hatch i'll trade you mine and then you can have a fresh hatch to work with. :D

i really like the hks bov :D

16. slammedb18acivic

slammedb18acivic Senior Member

ive heard the bigger the blowoff valve the slower your car goes. maybe just me i dunno

17. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

try making sounds with your mouth if you hold your lips close together and push air out it will be louder VS having an open mouth and pushing air out all you get is well not much at all

Colorpros: So when people like you laugh because I have a loud BOV youll be doing it while I BLOW your freakin doors off... try me =)

18. colorpros

colorpros Senior Member

Any time kid.My qtr trap speeds are probobly more than youve done on a top speed run on the freeway.Until you hit 7's in the qtr and 180 plus mph dont even talk to me.Please.Ever herd of NMCA fastest street car shotout?Went 7.80s in a street legal car.Go back to the playground and play w/all the other kids.Okay?

19. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Colorpros:Any time kid.My qtr trap speeds are probobly more than youve done on a top speed run on the freeway.Until you hit 7's in the qtr and 180 plus mph:

what does that have to do with your honda? if you want to play that game I use to work for Ken Keir Race Cars but then again that has nothing to do with hondas so Im not even going to go there

so back the the ITR thats what Im talking about you started the trash talking about blowing my doors off I only said people who buy BOVs for sound is for the most part a ricer since it does nothing but hurt your turbo

p.s when you get your street legal honda running 7s at 180+ let me know I would love to fly out there just to see that in person

20. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

Want a loud blowoff valve? Just buy the rice kit from JC Whitney that makes the psssht sound at a certain rpm. No turbo kit needed.
    LMAO

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted