Better off street racing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Street Racing Law in San Diego

Looking at this, I'd rather be street racing that cought watching. 90 lockup for driving SIX MONTHS for watching! I guess you'd have to pay more to get your car out of impound if you're driving, but SIX MONTHS to watch and only 90 days to drive?!?

Uhh no officer, I wasn't watching!

I think that the cops are just tired with dealing with large crowds. MA just made it a Federal offense for people in crowds to chuck things at the officers. This came as a response to some of those stupidass crazy mobs "celebrating" after their athletic teams won their championships. People get nuts when they are drunk and gathered in large numbers.

LOL - Its just saying that they would rather have people racing than watching. Doesn't sound too bad to me. :D I guess the "gang violence" and mad drug use in street racing crowds is worse than the high speed races.

go figure

So yeah, with a law like that, when the police start to show up... the crowds disapear fast. That works for me. Street racing is wrong, just standing around watching it could be construed as encouraging it (being that streetracers like the notoriety and attention) and therefore, in a way, being accessories to a crime. *shrug*

MA just made it a Federal offense for people in crowds to chuck things

how can a state make something a federal offense??? <_<

I am also interested in setting up a not for profit organixation such as racelegal.com in my area to give the punks a safe enviroment to race so they don't kill people or themselves... anyone have any advice, suggestions?

anyone know where to get a cheap christmas tree setup? been looking for a while and everything is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

Spoken like a true Liberal :)

-> Steve

How about we make a law that says "Leave people the fuck alone, freedom, liberty, pursuit of happiness... ring a bell?" Where we can detain, question, and put underwear on the heads of cops and law-makers who continually make laws just to make them.

Its cause here in SD, there used to be huge ass crowds tat would gather, along with a lot of other places in CA where they raced. Their logic is that people would be less likely to show off their cars if there is no one to show off to. Also, if you want to watch racing here, they got racelegal at Qualcomm stadium every few weeks, its pretty cool to watch. anyone wanna check out the site its racelegal.com.

MA just made it a Federal offense for people in crowds to chuck things

how can a state make something a federal offense???

:ditto:

am also interested in setting up a not for profit organixation such as racelegal.com in my area to give the punks a safe enviroment to race so they don't kill people or themselves... anyone have any advice, suggestions?

contact the SCCA about starting a Solo2 event. First, you have to find a venue. This is becoming nearly impossible unless there is already a track nearby. Another option is a municiple airport.

As for legal drag racing. I do not think you're going to find anything outside of a track designed (and insured) for that purpose

"Officer I swear my eye's were closed the whole time!"

But I love it when the cops (or rumour of cops, or someone just saying cops) and every scatters, that is better than racing to me. It's like a big game of hide-n-go-seek, only if you lose your ****ed.

contact the SCCA about starting a Solo2 event. First, you have to find a venue. This is becoming nearly impossible unless there is already a track nearby. Another option is a municiple airport.

yea, thats exactly what i was thinking

there is a local shit dump airport which basically consists of a small hanger for the owners plane and a strip...

the fuck tards by me race on the airport road, but you can see the cars from the main road that runs parallel to that back road...
cops have been there a lot and now they are putting speed bumps on the road...

Originally posted by lumpbuzcut@May 27 2004, 10:01 PM
But I love it when the cops (or rumour of cops, or someone just saying cops) and every scatters, that is better than racing to me. It's like a big game of hide-n-go-seek, only if you lose your ****ed.

lol, that is something I would do.

Street racing is gay. 80% of them are shit talkers with 15 sec cars....10% are people with 12-13 sec cars that are way too arrogant, and the other 10% are the ones that shut the hell up, and drive.

Recently in Nurenberg, two guys were killed in a street racing incident. As opposed to the US, instead of malicious fines, impoundment of vehicles, and jail time, the city decided to instead, start sponsoring, and holding weekend street racing events. They are going to be more controlled, and a safer enviroment. Just seems to make more sense, I mean people are going to do it anyway. Sure, a couple accidents may happen, and someone could still get killed, but think about how many innocent people will be spared.

I wish more then anything for a track here in maryland other then DRAG bah

most people can't stand going to the drag strip here because it takes forever to run and it cost you 20+ bucks to run and 10-15 to watch then after 5 hours you get 3 runs in

bah

I wish we had a REAL race track here in maryland

I thought Annheim had a test track, where Autoweek does their work. Surely there must be a way to get on their lot.

-=> Steve

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 29 2004, 11:24 AM
Recently in Nurenberg, two guys were killed in a street racing incident. As opposed to the US, instead of malicious fines, impoundment of vehicles, and jail time, the city decided to instead, start sponsoring, and holding weekend street racing events. They are going to be more controlled, and a safer enviroment. Just seems to make more sense, I mean people are going to do it anyway. Sure, a couple accidents may happen, and someone could still get killed, but think about how many innocent people will be spared.

+1 to the reasons i want to move to Germany

Here in Spokane, there is Friday Night "Street" Races at Spokane Raceway Park. It's five bucks to watch and one more dollar to race. It starts at like, 9PM and runs until everyone goes home, which is usually around 2 or 3AM. It's not even funny how much it helps. The cops don't even have to try because nobody races on the street. It's so cheap and you can usually get quite a few runs in one night because most of the ricers leave aound 11 or 12. Other cities really need to take a hint, especially in Western Washington where street racing is a big problem.

Back