1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG question at hand sell the hatch!?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Dasfinc, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

Here's my question...

I own 2 cars, a 2007 Ford Focus *I owe $15000 on it, probably only worth 14000 as a trade-in*

and a 92 Civic CX Hatchback with some light mods, soon it will have a D16Y8 Minime swap and a ton of other parts. After running an 18.5 at the track with the leaking compression D15b7 head and stock B8 block *I/H/E* I'm less than impressed right now, and unless the swap REALLY impresses me *Sub 16 second pass with the CX Tranny it still has, meaning it could break into the high 14's with a SI Tranny* I plan on dumping the hatch and trading in my focus for something faster...

My loan is only 5 years, I'm thinking about taking the profit from the hatch and trading in my Focus and buying a Speed3 with a 6 year loan and the downpayment with the money from the hatch to keep my monthly payments the same.

HONESTLY with a home-made turbo kit running 6.5-7PSI of boost on a D16 bottom end with an SI Tranny *and other supporting mods*, do you think I could pace or out-run a Speed3? or is the speed that car can achieve just out of this cars reach?

Before a flame war starts about motor swaps, I'm doing a mini-me swap, *And the mods in my sig*, down the road I may put in a Bored D16 block with a SI tranny, and boosting it.
    I don't have the upfront collateral to drop in a motorswap that would allow my hatch to run the kind of numbers a Speed3 can. So do I drop the dreams of my hatch and Pickup an out-of-the-box Monster? or should I stay with this little devil?

2. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

i wouldn't personally sell it, but i'm not in your sitch. it's always nice to have a backup car or project. g'luck making your decision.

3. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

I'm probably gonna get flammed for this, But is a low 14 second pass possible with my D16Y8 MiniMe swap if I run Sub 8PSI of boost and Gut it *Keeping the D15 Block, but hunting down new Rods/Pistons? *Car is getting new tires/rims and a SI Tranny in the next few weeks*

4. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Would you consider swapping a B16a in place of the mini-me conversion? If you put a small turbo on that engine you'd be well into the 13 second range..

5. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

I don't have the Collateral to buy a B series.

6. uptownspeedstar

uptownspeedstar New Member

You can easily put down 180-220 whp on a stock d series motor depending on tuning. Which will give you a high 13 low 14 on street tires. The real question is are you a high 13 to low 14 second driver?

7. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

honestly, I doubt my D15B8 block will hold 180-220whp. I think I will pop a piston or Throw a rod well before that kind of power is obtained, I'm hoping for 145WHP out of the setup that is going on the car this week.

I had a .145 RT and launched my stickshift honda perfectly with no wheelspin, its just slow as hell Lol, I can drive 13's, I need a car that has that kind of power.

Anyone know of pistons/rod for a D15 that can handle boost?

8. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

sell the focus, take the money get yourself an engine (b16 or d16 w/e), then pay most of your loan off. now you got a quick daily driver and barely any debt to pay off

9. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

I don't think you read the post too well, I owe 15,000 on it, and its worth maybe 14,000, There is a Lien on the title, Hence I owe money, so I can't sell the car without paying it off *A $1000 Loss* Long story short, "You can't sell a car with a lien on the title"

10. EJ1chevelle

EJ1chevelle New Member

150 whp should get you in the 14 second range. I have a stock JDM b16a and i run 14.9's to 15 on street tires and full interior in a 2 door coupe... i am also 6'1" 215.... and im assuming less hp that 150 to the wheels... but i dont know because i have never dynoed. All i have is I/H/E w/ my block bored a tenth over and 11:1 compression

11. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

Thanks for the input! that gives me a little ray of light that I can break into the 14's

I have a pretty hardy list of mods + a 10.65-10.8 CR.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted