BIG question at hand sell the hatch!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dasfinc

Here's my question...

I own 2 cars, a 2007 Ford Focus *I owe $15000 on it, probably only worth 14000 as a trade-in*

and a 92 Civic CX Hatchback with some light mods, soon it will have a D16Y8 Minime swap and a ton of other parts. After running an 18.5 at the track with the leaking compression D15b7 head and stock B8 block *I/H/E* I'm less than impressed right now, and unless the swap REALLY impresses me *Sub 16 second pass with the CX Tranny it still has, meaning it could break into the high 14's with a SI Tranny* I plan on dumping the hatch and trading in my focus for something faster...

My loan is only 5 years, I'm thinking about taking the profit from the hatch and trading in my Focus and buying a Speed3 with a 6 year loan and the downpayment with the money from the hatch to keep my monthly payments the same.

HONESTLY with a home-made turbo kit running 6.5-7PSI of boost on a D16 bottom end with an SI Tranny *and other supporting mods*, do you think I could pace or out-run a Speed3? or is the speed that car can achieve just out of this cars reach?

Before a flame war starts about motor swaps, I'm doing a mini-me swap, *And the mods in my sig*, down the road I may put in a Bored D16 block with a SI tranny, and boosting it.
I don't have the upfront collateral to drop in a motorswap that would allow my hatch to run the kind of numbers a Speed3 can. So do I drop the dreams of my hatch and Pickup an out-of-the-box Monster? or should I stay with this little devil?

i wouldn't personally sell it, but i'm not in your sitch. it's always nice to have a backup car or project. g'luck making your decision.

I'm probably gonna get flammed for this, But is a low 14 second pass possible with my D16Y8 MiniMe swap if I run Sub 8PSI of boost and Gut it *Keeping the D15 Block, but hunting down new Rods/Pistons? *Car is getting new tires/rims and a SI Tranny in the next few weeks*

Would you consider swapping a B16a in place of the mini-me conversion? If you put a small turbo on that engine you'd be well into the 13 second range..

You can easily put down 180-220 whp on a stock d series motor depending on tuning. Which will give you a high 13 low 14 on street tires. The real question is are you a high 13 to low 14 second driver?

honestly, I doubt my D15B8 block will hold 180-220whp. I think I will pop a piston or Throw a rod well before that kind of power is obtained, I'm hoping for 145WHP out of the setup that is going on the car this week.

I had a .145 RT and launched my stickshift honda perfectly with no wheelspin, its just slow as hell Lol, I can drive 13's, I need a car that has that kind of power.

Anyone know of pistons/rod for a D15 that can handle boost?

sell the focus, take the money get yourself an engine (b16 or d16 w/e), then pay most of your loan off. now you got a quick daily driver and barely any debt to pay off

I don't think you read the post too well, I owe 15,000 on it, and its worth maybe 14,000, There is a Lien on the title, Hence I owe money, so I can't sell the car without paying it off *A $1000 Loss* Long story short, "You can't sell a car with a lien on the title"

150 whp should get you in the 14 second range. I have a stock JDM b16a and i run 14.9's to 15 on street tires and full interior in a 2 door coupe... i am also 6'1" 215.... and im assuming less hp that 150 to the wheels... but i dont know because i have never dynoed. All i have is I/H/E w/ my block bored a tenth over and 11:1 compression

Thanks for the input! that gives me a little ray of light that I can break into the 14's

I have a pretty hardy list of mods + a 10.65-10.8 CR.

Back