bigass hoodscoop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

would you get more power if you put a huge hoodscoop on and custom bent pipe to run a filter in the scoop i know it would look gay but i wanna try new things and make some shit thatll be cheap but inovative and effective

im leaning towards no. the route the tubing would have to take would most likely be more restrictive than a CAI

what if the hood scoop was like above the pass headlight and had a drop-in filter to some kind of box with a straight pipe to a small bend to the TB?

hood_scoop.jpg

not good but better than nothing.... like making a short ram angled up a little

Just buy an extra bumper and carve a hole where the filter is...unless its not a CAI...take off a HEADLIGHT...

2literEG has something like that, i believe he cut a hole in his headlight and ran some tubing from the intake to the hole in the passenger side headlight which would be a hell of a lot less restrictive than a centered WRX style scoop they use for the intercooler. yuo will also have to think about water and other debris getting into the hole aswell.

yeah you all made good points i know someone with an integra who took the passanger side high beam out and has his filter there....i seen some guy in a mag cut a hole in his hood and have a cone filter stickin out the hood its really gay i was jus wonderin the the populouse thinks of my ideas i have millions of ideas tha i need some backup on

well if you dont want your engine to last very long, you can...dare i say...us nitrous oxide...cheapest way i can think of making that engine go as fast as you claimed you wanted it to go ( the f word i believe you used)

Originally posted by punkyjewster41@Dec 1 2003, 05:07 PM
well if you dont want your engine to last very long, you can...dare i say...us nitrous oxide...cheapest way i can think of making that engine go as fast as you claimed you wanted it to go ( the f word i believe you used)

I used N2O on my Z6 for a while now like 6 months and it runs as strong as the day i got it and it not even built! Its a dry system and running a 50 shot. As long as your not stupid about it it wont harm the engine at all. My setup is on the full throttle so when I shift it goes away and doesnt rev to high. with a 50 and some brains it wont harm a thing!

i like your idea, and in fact, i thought the same thing a while back. its actually what im going to do once i get the other maintainence shit out the way. but i had a couple details worked out. first, dont make the scoop too big. gaudy. you are right about pass side hood. i like the short ram better, all else considered, so ima cut the hood right over the filter on the short ram. then, make sure you cover the hole with grile material so you dont have sticks and trash anshit in there. also, make a foam plug for when its raining, so youre not suckin water in there. and lastly, smooth the shit out. use plenty of filler, so your scoop blends with the rest of the hood, and doesnt look TOO out of place. not a shitload of filler, but enough so its not all angular. those are some things to think about.

iceman had a track only headlight replacement extension that went right onto the tubing of the intake itself, they don't sell it anymore.

ive actually seen hoodscoops like that, small one on the passenger side with ram air. it looks alright... but the engine bay will still heat it up a bit unless you get a heatshield.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 2 2003, 10:34 PM
this should answer all your questions....maybe

s3fcd59b6aae74.jpg

I dunno about htat....unless somehow people know it's functional they're just look at the car and go "rice"

I know I do when I see that ugly ass yellow Cavalier with a scoop ridin around... :unsure:

cervinis hood are fully fuctional. only downside is that hood looks ghey

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 2 2003, 10:45 PM
cervinis hood are fully fuctional. only downside is that hood looks ghey

DISAGREE :rawr:

that is about the best looking aftermarket hood out there, not near as ghey as the 6 hole predator hoods or the blackwidow hoods.

GUARANTEED .3 off your 1/4 time.

ill pay 600 for a guaranteed 3 tenths with absolutely no harm to the engine

Back