Blown D16Z6 Vtec replacement?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was going to get another Z6 but came across a Z1 before I picked up the Z6. I bolted all Z6 stuff from my car onto the Z1 block and got the car running. I went to get the Z6 but it was no good so I still have the Z1.

I was going to get another Z6 but came across a Z1 before I picked up the Z6. I bolted all Z6 stuff from my car onto the Z1 block and got the car running. I went to get the Z6 but it was no good so I still have the Z1.

Ah, ok. Yeah I was going to say, if you had a complete, functioning Z6 then that would have been the best option, but yeah, the Z6 head and Z1 block combo should work fine for now...

I'm getting 35 MPG mostly country roads (50 to 65 MPH on rolling hills and curves) and a little suburban driving (35 to 50 with a few lights). It seems really slow though so I've done some more reading. I've read that there's an oil jet on D15 blocks that you're supposed to remove for the Vtec to work. I must admit that I wasn't aware of that when I put it in but since the Z1 is a Vtec, wouldn't that be a non issue??? And now to sound really dumb, how do you know if the Vtec is working?? Do you feel alot more power at a certain RPM or hear a different sound??

You're probably fine with the oil jet issue. Like you said, the block had a VTEC head on it originally. As for the engagement, honestly, I don't know if you're really going to feel much. Single-cam VTEC really isn't that noticeable. I could barely tell back when I had my VTEC Accord...

Back