1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blox TB on itr intake manifold

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by marshall12395, May 21, 2013.

1. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

so i just got my car dyno and i got 193 with skunk 2 stage 2 tuner series cams with the skunk 2 valves springs and retainers.cam gears and ferra exhaust valves. but i wanna put a bigger throttle body so i was thinking of getting the blox 70mm or 70mm skunk 2 alpha but i hear they dont fit the stock itr IM. not sure what one i wanna get tho any thoughts??
    and next i will get it port matched to my itr IM but how much can you port them out and will it be a good idea

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

take some measurements of the plenum to see how much material is there, that is how you can find out.

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

well the stock itr throttle body is 62mm... do you have enough meat there to bore it out 8mm?

I had to port my edelbrock victor X to match my 68mm tb, but it was only a few mm. I did it with a dremel, very very carefully. If you take your time it can be done like this.

4. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

alright sounds good.does the skunk 2 alpha TB fit on itr IM cause my buddy told be he didnt think they fit

5. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

When I did my ITR build, I sent this guy http://maxbore.com/ my stock manifold and TB. He bored the TB to 68mm and port matched the intake. Good to work with, and decent turn around time.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted