blue white smoke

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it'll show him whether or not there is coolant in the oil.. if there is he has a blown headgasket.. ..

sounds like the rings have gone bad because you said it hasnt been started in while and thats what happens when a car sits.. it needs to be started every now and then

rings are probably ok, i didn't know that it had been so long since it had been run.

How far have you driven it since you started it?

why answer something if you're not gonna elaborate more??

Why does it matter? I don't know exactly what was wrong with it, so why would I fake like I do. I just knew the whole blue smoke=oil, white smoke=coolant thing. I'm not into diagnosis yet. But thanks for the support anyway. At least I'm trying.:rolleyes:

How about not, because that's not what I got on here for.

EDIT: Grow up. Your just a nuisance and it's starting to get old.

Last edited:
well, how about if you dont know the answer.. dont post.. we dont need misinformation floating around or at least give some reasoning to your diagnosis

I said the same shit everyone else did, but in one word. Shit, get a life and leave me alone you creep. I did NOTHING to you.

Geesh, eg6sir, way to rip on members that don't have technical backgrounds. If someone wanted to rag on you, they could comment on how at least leaf was right about the oil... piston rings don't typically "wear out" or break because of sitting.

Also depends how it was left before it was started. Full of clean oil, no oil or several year old dirty corrosive oil?

I saw a car once that pretty much had never been driven in the 10+ years since it was new, and at least the second half, never moved. By pretty much never, I mean that it still had original oil in it after all those years. Thing ran fine when they started it up.

well i bought this engine from tigerjapan i dont know the history of the engine, but im gonna run it this weekend to see if this engine swap was worth it

so you haven't actually driven the motor any real distance yet??

I'm assuming that when these are loaded up on the boat to come over, they probably pour a good amount of oil down the cylinders so that they don't rust and seize on the way over.

Back