Bob Barker has commanded me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there was a show on discovery a few years ago called "It Takes a Thief"...
the host would go and talk to the home owners and explain what they wanted to do for the show, and then have them close up the house as they normally would, and leave (they would be viewing with the host from a remote location)... the second host, an ex professional thief, who had not previously been to the house other than to identify it from the street, would then come and break into the house and "steal" anything of value the way he would have in his past

several of the home owners had dogs that they thought would keep them safe, every one of them did NOTHING and did not deter or in any way hinder the burglar from robbing the house... all it generally took was telling them to shut up, or providing them with some treats, or tossing a treat or toy into another room and closing the door

pets are not guard dogs (without a lot of proper training)
and guard dogs hardly ever make good pets

dogs do often make great early warning systems... but i would not count on a house pet to protect me or my home from anyone who is even the slightest bit determined

hell even mythbusters proved that a simple steak will get you past a trained guard dog

i remember that show. didn't he actually take the dog with him once?

For those of you with cats. Get a laser pointer. I cannot explain the amount of laughing you will do in one night. They'll continually chase it.

Wednesday night, the cats were up ALL NIGHT. Being annoying, playing, growling, meowing, running, etc. Thursday I bought a laser pointer for 5 bucks and kept them awake all evening chasing it up walls and spinning them in circles. Words cannot describe how peaceful it was last night with both of them worn out and asleep allll night.

I enjoy cats, always have and always will. I even like it when they're clawing at my feet under the covers at 7 am. They're like extra alarm clocks as they tear the web between my toes to wake me up. Its funny, except on the weekends when I want to sleep. lol

most dogs wont either... whats your point??

i can guarantee you my dogs would do some damage if anyone broke into my house... if they didnt, as soon as the burglar seen my dogs he'd be outro

i can guarantee you my dogs would do some damage if anyone broke into my house... if they didnt, as soon as the burglar seen my dogs he'd be outro

Unless he really wants your stuff and is carrying. Then he'll just shoot them.

you're dogs scare me not because they're scary but because they're always smiling.

Poor kittens. they're goin under the knife right now. At least this will settle their asses down. I'll be able to play MW2 for hours without them harassing me. :ph34r:

well getting "psyco" my dog nuttered today. well he is getting cut on thursday but i have to tke him in to have his blood work done today. poor guy...... i have to do something thought he is just too dam hyper. and my girls family is comming from mississippi in a few weeks for thanksgivig. and i dont want him acting an ass!

eg6sir's dogs:

P9074499.jpg

looks alot loke mine....lol. so i take my dog in for blood work last night. he is getting fixed tomorrow mornig. well while at the vet he shit all over the floor.lmao. well it was liquid shit with blood in it. so the tech. comes out with some bloody shit in a tube and says psyco had an accident and i am very concerned...... shows me the tube of shit and i chuckle....... so i start to explain to her its ok...... he has eaten half a frizby and a leather boot...ie the blood. and the diareah is from the whole pot of chickin and dumplings he ate yesterday..... he will be ok once he shits out all the plastic..... lmao........ so she says should i send off his shit to the lab? i say sure.

the dark one isnt mine.. she's my cousins.. this is my female

Daisy .. (Bob would be proud.. had her fixed a couple months ago)
6451_102610813082769_100000015517364_74669_3615740_n.jpg

and my male Dre (same one pictured above)(he's papered so he's not getting fixed, i may stud him out)
l_e040984180584afdb4f0152a454eca69.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great lookin dogs. I would love to have a dog but I just can't handle the barking. My main problem is my yard isn't fenced and I live off a 4 lane state highway.

My Female beagle is about to earn an anti bark collar. Since she had her puppies she has short circuited or something. Dumb as a brick and bays at every fucking thing. Hell, nothing most of the time, as far as I can tell. I spent half a day investigating what she was alarming on.. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. cat! nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. cat! etc... Maybe she is freaking out on the cat smell. But its getting a little crazy. And my male beagle will help her out after she alarms, so I have two beagles pointing random nothingness.

I may have to eliminate the strays in the area or something. Unfortunately, right now I have a BB gun that would just piss a cat off, and everything else in my arsenal would blow it in half and attract attention. Time to buy another sheridan I guess.

start practicing w/ a wrist rocket.. lol... those big BB's will do some damage

I have a kick ass bow and some arrows, but then you have to go get your arrow back.. And that could be bad..

Back