Bought a crx today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I posted this in the multi-media section because i will post some pics up tomarrow.

So today I was at school with the local trader paper, found a crx in it, so i called my dad because I was in class (keep in mind i'm in high school), so he went and took a look at it during lunch time.
Here's what it is (pics tomarrow)
88' Crx DX
good body, NO RUST, NO DENTS, new paint job, starting to flake a little, will be re-painted in a few months.
5 speed, of course, and it has a tach and a/c
The blades are goin on this car.
Plans:
b16 swap w/ lsd
invidia exhaust
aem hybrid cai
crx b16 header from Hasport? should i get this one?
then on to bodywork, I think i'm gonna do a bodykit (i know i will get flamed for this) but i'm going to do one that looks good, the "type m" one, or the mugen style, w/ the door caps.
Black paintjob
haven't decided upon springs, maybe neuspeed, with kyb agx shocks.

Give me some feedback and suggestions upon what i should do with this car!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the crx has a blown motor, thats part of the reason it was only $300, but perfect since i'm swapping it.

sounds good, only problem is you can only put 2 coats of paint on a car before you are supposed to strip it down to bare metal and start over. just a little heads up there. also, CRXs dont have no rust... check the 1/4s for bondo. ESPECIALLY cause its been repainted. a small magnet, or just you bangin on it should answer that pretty quick.

the "type m" kit is the mugen kit, same thing.... and no flaming, looks hot, as long as you get the door caps.

I didn't see any rust, but i didnt check very much, couldnt go wrong for a stright body crx for 300, i think the paint job is maybe 1 year old.
I know about the paint stuff, i will strip it down with sandpaper and primer it myself, then send it somewhere to get painted, and i love the way the mugen kit looks, especially with the door caps.
Plus I will get a cis cf hood,
any suggestions upon springs?

mugen kit = :thumbsup:
b16 swap = :thumbsup:
I would look around at different headers the hasport one is nice but pricey.

you'll have fun in your crx, I know I am in mine

also look at getting projector headlights, much better lighting than stock headlights.

depends on how low you want your crx for springs, skunk2 has a good set

I want to drop it quite a bit, because the wheel gap seems to be a lot.
Maybe dc headers?
What about the clutch and timing belt kit?
Can i get things for a b16 from the usdm del sol?
Also what should i get for plugs/plug wires? From what car?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 4 2005, 05:32 PM
Maybe dc headers?
What about the clutch and timing belt kit?
Can i get things for a b16 from the usdm del sol?
Also what should i get for plugs/plug wires? From what car?
[post=495153]Quoted post[/post]​

skunk2 springs = 2" drop
rest of springs i've looked at = 1.3" drop
I have coil overs now and think I am going with springs or full coilover kit
dc sports is a good choice, but depending on which mounts you get might have to get a 2 piece,
my roommate has a 4-1 dc sports and I was going to use it but I have a clearance problem, trying to get it in between the motor and the crossmember.
timing belt - del sol
clutch - integra?
plugs & wires - del sol

ill give ya 500 for it...why is everyone find ing these deals.

I've found one and it was beat to hell.

It was rusted out pretty bad, huge dent in the rear QP (i do some body work and it needed to be replaced). Interior was all painted up and crappy, engine was blown. And it was 450, I was going to get it then it just wasn't worth the work.

Theres a decent one that I drive by everyday and it NEVER moves. It's been in the same spot for probably a year. Cops never even did anything about it cause the owners live right there even though it's partially in the road and less than 50 feet from the intersection, you have to actually go around it but I've been thinking about asking them if they want to sell it for a while...just haven't.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 4 2005, 06:01 PM
So get a clutch/flywheel from a gen 2 integra? aka 90-93 because it is cable trans?
[post=495175]Quoted post[/post]​

yes

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 4 2005, 07:06 PM
ill give ya 500 for it...why is everyone find ing these deals.

I've found one and it was beat to hell.

It was rusted out pretty bad, huge dent in the rear QP (i do some body work and it needed to be replaced). Interior was all painted up and crappy, engine was blown. And it was 450, I was going to get it then it just wasn't worth the work.

Theres a decent one that I drive by everyday and it NEVER moves. It's been in the same spot for probably a year. Cops never even did anything about it cause the owners live right there even though it's partially in the road and less than 50 feet from the intersection, you have to actually go around it but I've been thinking about asking them if they want to sell it for a while...just haven't.
[post=495178]Quoted post[/post]​

haha nah man, this is my project car, took me long enough to find this one, lol, i only had to look for 5 days.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 4 2005, 05:32 PM

If you drop it, buy 89 Accord LXi shocks for the front end. The CRX has NO room for travel on the stock length shocks, and you can gain about an inch of suspension travel on a lowered setup with the shorter Accord shocks. All you have to do is trim a little tab (like a 1/4 inch cut) at the bottom of the shock body.

I have a pair of new KYB GR-2 shocks for this purpose if you're interested- they never made it onto my CRX.

Originally posted by ripperbone+May 4 2005, 06:12 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@May 4 2005, 06:01 PM
So get a clutch/flywheel from a gen 2 integra? aka 90-93 because it is cable trans?

yes
[post=495183]Quoted post[/post]​

Not really, It has to be for a 90-91 Teg, because he'll have a cable tranny. The 92-93 Tegs had a hydro tranny.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane+May 4 2005, 10:55 PM-->
Originally posted by ripperbone@May 4 2005, 06:12 PM
VTECPOWER
@May 4 2005, 06:01 PM

yes
[post=495183]Quoted post[/post]​

Not really, It has to be for a 90-91 Teg, because he'll have a cable tranny. The 92-93 Tegs had a hydro tranny.
[post=495286]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought 90-93 were cable too.

No 92-93 were still hydro- as in the b17 gsr's ! they remained cable until 94!

the only reason he would need a 90-91 clutch is if he had a 90-91 trans. They had less splines or something like that.

The 92-93 is also cable and I think from 92+ they used the same number of splines including the hydro trans's.

So do i need a clutch from a 90-91 b18a?
Or does it matter? because ive seen clutches for 92-93 b17 and b18a
EDIT: so stay with the 90-91?

Originally posted by Calesta+May 4 2005, 09:16 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@May 4 2005, 05:32 PM

If you drop it, buy 89 Accord LXi shocks for the front end. The CRX has NO room for travel on the stock length shocks, and you can gain about an inch of suspension travel on a lowered setup with the shorter Accord shocks. All you have to do is trim a little tab (like a 1/4 inch cut) at the bottom of the shock body.

I have a pair of new KYB GR-2 shocks for this purpose if you're interested- they never made it onto my CRX.
[post=495272]Quoted post[/post]​

if hes not interested, I am

Originally posted by Calesta+May 4 2005, 10:16 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@May 4 2005, 05:32 PM

[post=495272]Quoted post[/post]​

So the crx wouldn't have enough travel? And you say you have the front 2 shocks for this setup? are they already trimmed?

Back