Bought a new daily driver/tow bitch...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have taken cars on and off of insurance in ct many times. I never had a problem. I might not take the crx off now.

my car has been off insurance since the beginning of last March, haven't gotten any kind of letter from the DMV except for the one sayig I had to pay a $15.00 non-operational fee. sounds like CT is more strict than CA?. :shrug2:

btw, nice truck jody. :thumbsup:

Thats one badass truck... I didn't know Chevy made an i5

Thank you, Thank you...

From the looks of it, the next big power upgrade is to find a junkyard motor from a Trailblazer... They are the same engine"family", so my tranny and everything bolts up, but it's a 275 HP I6 motor.... Oh, yes. It will be mine. ;)

Apparently, it's a drop in swap. I'll have to remove the fan and fan clutch, and put on a set of pusher fans, no big deal. The ECU is in the engine bay, with just the gauge data wires coming inside the cab, so no real wiring is needed, either. This is going to be cool as hell.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 14 2004, 02:51 AM
You bought it brand new- don't fuck up your warranty and stuff already.

Hell, nah. That'll happen in quite a few years once more TB's and Envoy's have been wrecked and whatnot. I MIGHT look around for the motor, ECU and harness, or hell, maybe an entire wrecked vehicle in the near future, though.

Save the trouble and throw a turbo or supercharger on it. If it was me doing the swap I would see if the 6.0 liter out of an SS would fit, that would be bad ass

Wasn't there a post in the video of a guy taking his Silverado or something and running 11s with just the supercharger, and then like 10.8s with the nitrous.

that truck had the 8.0 ltr 496 bb, with a custom turbo set-up. same motor my dad has in the 02 silverado, - the turbos. I drove the 6.0 and was happy, after the first 5 feet in my dads truck....

the 6 has nothing. hahahhahahahah

the allison is the best auto tranny out there. it drives/shifts the EXACT same I would. I repeat EXACT!!!!! there's nothing like pulling a travel trailor up a hill, passing people while doing 80, and only be at 3000 rpm. hhahah

oh yeah, nice truck man... I can talk big trucks all I want, but your gas mileage kicks ass!!!!

Back