BOV Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Ok, on my 240 w/sr20, i have a hks sqv bov, it is now set up as recirculating, and i have a different fitting to make it non circulating, couldnt i just block off where it went into the intake tube, make it non re-circulating? Also would this cause the bov to be louder?

Also what are the benefits of having it re-circulating or non?

i think you will run richer @ idle because air is still being passed through the maf and is being vented out the bov

Basically the car thinks the air is going into the motor, so it compensates for it by adding more fuel, but since the air isn't there, your mixture goes super rich until the throttle plate opens and normal airflow resumes.

Its not that big of a deal tho . . . my S14 has the resirc tube blocked off and just vents to the atmosphere. Its cool to smell a lil gas @ idle . . . it lets u know u are poluting the enviromnemt :)

don't make it non-recirculating.

you'll shoot flames, waste gas, burn your bumper to shit, and probably get pulled over.

maf-equipped cars need a re-circulating one.

stop being a ricer. a BOV is to protect yoru turbo, not bling bling.

^

Would that explain the occasional backfire i get?

Quoted post[/post]]
don't make it non-recirculating.

you'll shoot flames, waste gas, burn your bumper to shit, and probably get pulled over.

maf-equipped cars need a re-circulating one.

stop being a ricer. a BOV is to protect yoru turbo, not bling bling.
haha thanks, ill have to show this to my friends, all of them kept saying, make it louder dude, i was like, i dont think that's a good idea, and the re-circulated air does not pass through the MAF sensor, the tube goes past it.

and i hate the gas smell, i deal with it in my crx.
HATE IT lol

Another quick question, is there ANY quiet exhaust for a 240sx, right now i have blitz 3" mandrel on it, a bit loud, but I know I need the 3" for it being turbo.

Then get an RSR muffler bolted to your current exhaust piping.

Like it or not, 240sx's all have the same mods: Apex/Blitz/Hks exhaust, Greddy FMIC, HKS BOV, Greddy Turbo Timer, Trust (Greddy) D/P, and either a Greddy or Blitz EBC.

Quoted post[/post]]
Then get an RSR muffler bolted to your current exhaust piping.

Like it or not, 240sx's all have the same mods: Apex/Blitz/Hks exhaust, Greddy FMIC, HKS BOV, Greddy Turbo Timer, Trust (Greddy) D/P, and either a Greddy or Blitz EBC.
Haha, true, except ive got a apexi d/p. lol.
I just dont want to spend $520 for just a muffler, is there a universal muffler that might quiet it down and not look so can ish?
Anti-pig exhaust that is.

I think ur best bet would be to try and find a used RSR system or even trade ur exhaust for the RSR.

Its so true about 240 mod's tho - at the last meet i went to it was even worse; ALMOST EVERY 240 had an Apex n1 or n1 dual exhaust, trust dp, and Greddy FMIC.

Back