Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyway...I spray painted the top of the door trim black. If you cant tell in the pictures, its really shiny.

100_3141.jpg

100_3142.jpg

My hood and hatch.

100_3143.jpg

More taken off of the front end. I`m going to paint the T-bar and the border of the engine bay.

100_3144.jpg

100_3145.jpg

100_3146.jpg

oh noes! 3 days an no pictures or updates?! do you have pneumonia or some sort of canadian infection, or the american pandemic swine flu?

oh noes! 3 days an no pictures or updates?! do you have pneumonia or some sort of canadian infection, or the american pandemic swine flu?
No, just a regular head cold. :) I haven't completly stopped doing stuff. I put new brakes on the red car and I wet sanded and respeayed the door trim. Clearcoat on trim today.

My dad picked up the rest of the stuff for the air compressor. So now we have filtered and regulated air to spray. He also bought a gallon of white paint for $8 to practice with. I sprayed a spare hood and it came out well. I just washed the hood with NO prep work so there are imperfections. I did it outside too. Its fun to spray with a gun, it sprays light so its hard to get runs and it gets excellent coverage. Oh, it took us a while to learn how to get the paint thinned right. We're probably doing it wrong still. :( Anyone know how viscous it should be? A bit thicker than water?

We have a big ventilation fan to put into our shop when its built.

Last edited:
Dupli-Color Paint Shop

"[FONT=Geneva,Veranda,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Paint Shop is a ready-to-spray system, so no mixing or reducing is required.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

i notices an old mustang in the background of one of your pictures, im surprised your dad isnt pullin the "how bout you work on a real car!" thing like me step dad haha

He dose say that to him. So he works on the s2000 :p that stangs a pce anywhays

Lordco has a sale on so I'm getting a gravity-fed spray gun for $62.99.

Looks like this.

13710.gif

The gun I have right now sputters air when its 1/2 empty. Or if you tilt it to the back too far it sputters air aswell so I want a gravity-fed one.

No idea. But I'm 2 jews and a sheriff. Whatever the hell that means.

This is a visor that my dad bought for his Astro workvan. Its my first painting project, I think I'm painting it tomorrow when I get my new gun. :)

100_3152.jpg

Pics after I cleaned the car.

100_3154-1.jpg

100_3159.jpg

100_3161.jpg

100_3160.jpg

This is a spare door that I forgot about. Its mint except for a small dent which is easier to fix than my other door. And this one is white not red like the other one. :)

100_3155.jpg

Back