Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

first pic is weird. everything looks in motion except the car.

on a sidenote, are you putting the plastics back on it? thats a nice looking door btw.

I got that new gun and sprayed that visor for the Astro. The gun works very well. I got a few clear spots from to little paint near the end so I'll wet sand it and re-spary it in a couple of days

I got a new filter for my intake, mine was worn and very dirty.

100_3163.jpg

While the paint was drying on the visor I got to work on the black car. Its all back to stock now except for my VTEC motor. :) It wasn't hard, I had to insall a stock stereo and speakers, put the cluster back in, put some interior pieces back in and the left tail light.

Good news, the more I drive my Mini-Me the better it gets. It has a high idle for about 3-4 seconds at start up then it drops down and doesn't leak anymore.

I bought a PVC valve for it and I'll install it soon.

Damn, my headgasket is leaking even worse now. I'm suprised I can't see it squirting out when its running. I guess this is what you get for useing a headgasket 3 times.:D

100_3188.jpg

100_3189.jpg

I think I'm getting a OEM Honda metal one for $85. I don't want to cheap out with a headgasket.

Well if you look at the pic he has the factory shielding around the wires and they are routed exactly as the factory had it as well. It's the 4 wire connector you see there.

I took off the Y8 manifold off for like the 4th time and I could clearly see where air and fuel were getting by the gasket. I sanded it down again and put it back on, It helped a bit but I think my intake manifold gasket is burnt out, it looked pretty scabby.

Back