Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well tomorrow (29th) my dad and I are going to temporarly put the head on his A6 and see how it does for a week.

But I am still going to rebuild it.

I'll be sure to get pics and hopefully a start up video.:)

I may not be on until the 30th.

LOL

Before:
100_1364-2.jpg

After:

100_2206.jpg

Notice I tucked up the muffler, took off the side moulding and the wheels.

Here is everything I have ready to go for tomorrow.

The head and everything has been sitting in a box in by bedroom for the past 6 months while I was collecting everything. I got some good deals from being patent though.

100_2232-1.jpg

100_1376-2.jpg

i have the same deck as you!
lol
i bought it brand new at goodwill for 25$

Last edited:
yeah, i fucking love how it glows green!
the remote seems kinda useless, but i feel cool using it. lol

but it does make pausing simpler.

Looking great man!! I wanna get another 89-91 hatch sooo bad.

Last edited:
Hey! We got everything togther now. On a cold engine that hasn't gotten started yout it has about 150 PSI in each cylinder.

The bad: WE HAVE NO SPARK!!!!

Dizzy or computer. It has fuel, air and compression.

I don't know anything about the dizzy. I got it for $25 off of eBay.

I'm pretty confident the ECU is fine though. The guy I bought it off of said he tested it. Idk. though.

Also when you put the ignition to the "on" position the oil pressure light does not come on.

Any help please?!

I also have code 4.

It ran terrable at first but gradually it got better. Its pretty smooth now at about 190 PSI per cylinder.

I had to retard the OBD0 dizzy a lot to get it to run.

Does anyone know the main weak point of a dizzy?

The old head being removed:

100_2242.jpg

ECU hooked in:

100_2243.jpg

Head off:

100_2244.jpg

New head on:

100_2246.jpg

All bolted in:

100_2247.jpg

Sorry for posting every five minutes:blah:, I just wanted it to run.:)

So first we bolted everything up and tried to start it and it didn't even attempt to run. So we pulled a plug and it had no spark.

Then I put the OBD0 dizzy back on with the OBD1 ECU and it ran but like shit. It sounded like a Subaru.

Then I put the PM6 OBD0 ECU back in and it fired and ran perfectly.

Then I put the OBD1 ECU and dizzy back on and "borrowed" the coil out of my moms Accord. Then it ran even better.

My dad and I took the car to the auto parts store and bought a new coil. When we got outside of the store I noticed a pool of coolant. It was leaking out of the top radiator mount on the head. It didn't overheat and we were able to limp it home.

I sealed the leak and we did our fourth compression test of the day and we ended up with about 190-200 PSI in each cylinder.
:yes:

The headgasket sealed fine but only time will tell.

VTEC works completly fine. The only complaint I have is I expected more power but keep in mind it isn't tuned yet, its on a DX tranny now but not for long and its only been run for two days. It also has stock I/H/E.

We haven't hit the rev limiter yet but we're taking it easy for awhile.

While we were running it the oil light in the dash burnt out. Hmmmmmm.

I don't have any CELs but when I activated the ummm, two wires? I got code 2.

I'm very very happy anyway.:)

Last edited:
Nice, should be sweet once you get all the bugs worked out.:thumbsup:

Well right now its running on a old tired motor and a one month old used headgasket. It is running very well so far but I only expect it to run for a week or so.

I just wanted to see how everything would go. Next weekend we're swapping out my Mini-Me and putting the D16A6 out of my car into my dads car. Then I'll rebuild the whole Mini-Me.

I know its kinda confusing.

Back