Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey brad you got any spare engine parts?
I need a set of pistons rods and the pins for my b15b2.

I got some if Brad doesnt. PM me.

Brad, not too bad for a first timer on the bondo, try to spread more uniform and smooth, makes for less sanding after. And pick up a cheese grader, use it to rough shape when its still setting up, when its somewhat soft.

also try to us less hardener in there.your bondo is starting to cure before you mold it,you will want it to dry slowly.so you can wok with it more

got my si for 500 with a fucked up head,real shitty bodywork and alot of fucked up interior pieces:(
seats were mint though:D

I don't know if you guys say earlier in the build but I rebuilt a seat to make a perfect one.

Here's an update, my dad cleared our septic field so it doesn't smell like salty shit anymore.

Another update, I might be getting thoes fat fives tomorrow, my dad is looking at them for me.

I checked the oil on my mini me today and it was on the low level line so I topped it up. I have a oil leak coming from the headgasket by the dizzy. It only has to last for two more weeks until my dad insures his S2K.

Thanks for the cheese greater idea. My uncle suggested something too, I think he said it was a body file.

Last edited:
Yeah I didnt mean a literal cheese grater from your moms kitchin.:D One of these.
cheesegrater.jpg

I have 3 d15b2 pistons and rods and the last is twisted and broken in half.:)

lol do you think it would be ok to change one? I wanna change all the rings but just the one piston. My block is in great shape just one piston is isn't too good. lol

I've changed out one piston before in a D16a6, a valve went right through it. In a weekend my dad and I changed out the piston and rod as a whole, used the same bearings then put on a spare head we had. It worked perfectly. By the way my dad drives his car I can guarntee it would have blown to bits 6000 miles ago if something wasn't right. The compression is even balanced.

Last edited:
I've changed out one piston before in a D16a6, a valve went right through it. In a weekend my dad and I changed out the piston and rod as a whole, used the same bearings then put on a spare head he had. It worked perfectly. By the way my dad drives his car I can guarntee it would have blown to bits 6000 miles ago. The compression is even balanced.

great info thanks man.

Well I gotta go to bed, someone has to go to work to buy more Bondo and GSR wheels.

Back