Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh yeah, I have a 3 month suspension on my lisence. I have lots of time to swap my motor properly. There may be a wire tuck in the works too. That shop will be awesome. :)

No, I meant dont ******-rig it and put it on the coupe. :ph34r: ;) If you bought the spoiler to sell it at a profit I would understand that.

Now it really does look like my car. How is the carpet on the door panels? Mine was coming off when I got them so I took the carpet off and painted the panel.

No, I meant dont ******-rig it and put it on the coupe. :ph34r: ;) If you bought the spoiler to sell it at a profit I would understand that.
Haha I lined it up. It almost fits. :ph34r:
Now it really does look like my car. How is the carpet on the door panels? Mine was coming off when I got them so I took the carpet off and painted the panel.

Mine are sagging a bit. I'm prrobably gonna get some cool fabric and re do them.

103_4725.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice looking radiator.... :)

That worked out well. The fan I sent came with the full width dual row that's in the hatch now. I had to change the fan out in the hottest part of the summer. When stopped at a light or in a drive-through line on the hot asphalt the temp gauge would start climbing - that's with the big dual row radiator. So, I pulled those fans off it and went to a higher flow Hayden 12". Problem solved. The narrow radiators aren't well suited for the Texas summer heat. It should work fine up there where the Canuck's live.

Wow that sounds hot. My car actually runs a little too cool with that rad up here. lol

I bought an ASR subframe brace kit w/24mm rear sway bar. I got all the hardware and spherical links as well. Used in great conditon for $220. :) Installed pics later...

rbs%20kit%20(2).jpg

If the thermostat is working correctly it shouldn't run too cool.

Nice looking support/brace and sway bar kit. I need to do that to mine one of these days. Working on the ECU installation and wiring cleanup this weekend.

Did you get the shop pictures? I had it insulated at the beginning of the remodel. We pulled sheet rock on exterior walls and insulated them with R-13 fiberglass panels in the bays between the studs. On the west facing wall in addition to the R-13 fiberglass, I added some 1" foam on the inside of the studs under the sheet rock which adds anothe ~R-4 or so.

Last edited:
If the thermostat is working correctly it shouldn't run too cool.

Nice looking support/brace and sway bar kit. I need to do that to mine one of these days. Working on the ECU installation and wiring cleanup this weekend.

Did you get the shop pictures? I had it insulated at the beginning of the remodel. We pulled sheet rock on exterior walls and insulated them with R-13 fiberglass panels in the bays between the studs. On the west facing wall in addition to the R-13 fiberglass, I added some 1" foam on the inside of the studs under the sheet rock which adds anothe ~R-4 or so.
It takes a while for it to reach full operating temp, but once its there it stays. It must be cause were just hovering above 0 degres now. I have not got any shop pics yet. Its not anywhere near finished. Does your shop stay cool in the summer? I guess you don't have to worry about winter. :)
Swapping or what?
Yes I am...my dad has a couple little projects to finish up before I can dismantle my car.
...and this is what a little "ELBOW GREASE" can accomplish!
Don't forget to toss some fun in there. ;)

BEST modification I would recommend to any Honda owner. It feels so nice! :)

Heres Matt...being Matt...
IMG_20111204_002536-1.jpg

IMG_20111204_004726.jpg

IMG_20111204_004811.jpg

IMG_20111204_012857.jpg

Virtually no wheel sag, it corners extremely flat and maybe a touch of over steer but it feels simply amazing. Its too much fun to drive.

IMG_20111204_015515.jpg

IMG_20111204_015528.jpg

IMG_20111204_015554.jpg

IMG_20111204_022413.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it stays plenty cool in the summer. 2 x ceiling fans and a 30" utility fan for outside air blowing in. When it gets real hot, I close the outside door and crank up the 28,500 BTU wall mount air conditioner.

30" fan is the red monster in the center bottom of the picture:

Shop%2013.jpg

Air conditioner can be seen in the center on the back wall under the shelf:

Shop%203.jpg

I leave the AC on in the summer months during the day set to 82 degrees so my German Shepherd has a cool place to hang out while I'm at work. He has a dog door to the back yard so he can come and go as he pleases. Casey's door is right under the AC.

Keep the heat on, (red box hanging in the picture) during the winter months set to 65 F. So, it's basically climate controlled all year. That controls both temperature and humidity year round. Prevents rust on the cast iron components of the machinery, keeps sanding discs attached to sanders and sanding belts from warping and tracking strange on the belt sanders. Also, when I want to go out there and play it's ready to go temperature wise. Just crank up some tunes, walk out the door, hit the light switch and rock on.

The green thing sitting on the shelf above the AC is a 1 micron 1400 cfm air filtration unit. I learned the first winter out there it needed air filtration. We did a oak wood project and when using table saw and power sanders the air quality went to shit real fast. Mr first totally enclosed worikshop - there was a learning curve. Also had to add a dust collection system for table saw and jointer operation to keep the floor from being covered in sawdust and making a huge mess in the winter when the door is closed to keep the heat in. Dust collection system is the thing sitting right of the AC that says Grizzly on the large drum filter. It's a 2 hp rig and a little noisy, but much better than turning the place into a saw mill. :) Keep all the machinery covered with BBQ covers when not in use to keep clean and prevent rust.

It's great working inside in a shop on a clean floor isn't it!

Last edited:
It's great working inside in a shop on a clean floor isn't it!

Its just awesome haha, everything about it.

You have a nicely prepped shop man! We just have enough tools to swap a Honda :lol:. We need to come up with a heat source pretty soon. It's just as cold as outside. In the next couple weeks my dads planning to plumb in the air lines and power sources.

I clay bar'd and waxed the hood tonight. Then installed some new OEM corner lights I got from last night's meet.

IMG_20111204_223012.jpg

IMG_20111204_223123.jpg

nice shop mang.. lcd too..lol
Thanks! The LCD is a 42" and is on a wall mount that allows it to turn. In the picture above it's facing the outside large door that empties out to the covered patio where the cigar smoking occurs. I started with a 27", then moved up to a 32" and gave the 27" to a buddy for his bedroom. From the patio table even with the 32" at 22' distance to where I sit I still couldn't read the reaction times & ET/MPH on NHRA Drag Racing and the "Tale of the Tape" on MMA fights, so the 32" went bye bye too. Went to same buddy for HIS patio which is a lot closer to the table when mounted to his wall. With the 42", it still worked on the same wall mount and I can see the stats on the drags and MMA fights while smoking a Havana - Woohoo!

That shop is basically a 46 year project - I got my first work bench for my 11th birthday. The best part is there are a pair of Bose 301 speakers on the wall over the door and a 50 w per channel amp driving them that's hooked up to the HT system in the den - so there are tunes from the DirecTV XM radio.

Brad that hood is shinin good sir! The rear brace and sway bar are looking mighty fine too! You do anything on the front sway bar? I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look back up the thread. Need to rebush it with some poly if you're going to keep it for a while - you will really like the ride and handling improvement. ;)

dear mr dual-500... holy super tall stacked craftsman toolbox sir!!! lol

Chop saw near the tv?

My dad is trying to get a 55" in his shop but can't pull the trigger cuz landscaping takes priory.

Back