1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake booster interchange?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by littlecrxVTEC, May 13, 2007.

1. littlecrxVTEC

littlecrxVTEC Junior Member

Ok, first off... I've been reading about every brake swap ever imagined for about the past 2 hours :eek:

I know that the 91 EX brake MC (15/16) will directly bolt onto my 89 CRX Si booster. I know this because i used to have one on my car and I didn't like the increased pedal effort with the stock booster. I'm sure you know already, the stock MC for the CRX is 13/16.

Without going into too much debating about brakes, I still have a couple questions tho:

1. The 91 EX brake booster is larger than the stock 89 CRX Si booster, right?

2. Will the 91 EX brake BOOSTER bolt directly onto my 89 CRX Si?
    (assuming I can bend the harlines to fit the new position)

3. If using the stock MC (13/16) with the larger booster from the 91 EX, would the pedal effort feel absolutely too soft/spongy?

Yes, I realize that this combination will not actually increase braking performance...please don't go there. lol.

I am making an effort to lessen the pedal effort slightly in the rex. It's daily driven and it always has had a bit stiffer pedal feel than I'd like. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

1. I believe they're the same

2. Yes. Hardlines are in the same position.

3. Don't know, but I'd probably say yea. You'll probably lose some pedal feel.

3. littlecrxVTEC

So, umm. If they are the same size booster, and I use the stock master cylinder, nothing would be different. So how would that accomplish the softer pedal feel? lmao :huh:

Can anyone confirm that the brake boosters from the 89 CRX si and 91 EX are the same size or not?

THANKS

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

For 3, you didn't say anything about the stock size, you said a larger booster. ;)

5. littlecrxVTEC

:bangin:

You're right. --DOH

....need....sleeeeep.......
    never!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted