Brake pads

Which brake pads? Integra spindles on an eg.

• Hawk HPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawk HP+

• Other - please comment in thr

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

Need some help choosing brake pads for the spindles i just got. i will be using them for hard street and autox use, i havent ever purchased non cheapo pads so i would like some of your exp. and opinions.

Car is a 95 eg with 98 integra spindles.

I've never used either, but I have heard negative things about the Metal Masters every now and then- but nothing bad about Hawk pads. That is just all hearsay though. If you're going to Auto-X, you might want to look into the Hawk HP+. It's a bit more aggressive than the HPS, but is still perfectly streetable.

Cobalt frictions for sure. I am using the sports right now, which are rated for light HPDE, autoX and agressive driving. They grip like crazy.

i've got green stuff on my 91 hatch. SS braided lines are the only other mod to my brakes and they stop quite well. it seems the harder i drive the better they stop. they are less "sticky" when cold but still better than stock

Hawk HPS gets my vote.

It's one of the best all-around pads, IMO. No noise and minimal dust. At the track, these pads bite very hard for a street pad, take barely any time to heat up, and when combined with stainless lines and some good DOT4 fluid, produce little to no fade during multiple laps.

I love my HPS pads on brembo blanks as well, a very noticable difference than using stock oem pads.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 14 2005, 01:25 PM
love my HP+ :)
[post=460718]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy:

E's brakes are nuts. i'd feel confortable in a full impending lock up at 170 mph with his brake set up.

he has the hp+ pads

great responses guys! i think i will be going with the hp plus since i plan on autoxing a lot this year and taking it to sebring.

thanks again for editing the poll for me calesta.

e_solsi, where did you purchase yours? right now i have found TireRack.com to be a vendor with a decent price of $71.

i got mine from http://www.collettimotorsports.com

Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines
Hawk HP+ pads
Brembo "blank" rotors
Two Liters ATE Super Blue brake fluid

they have a few packages on their website
if interested give them a call they are very helpful on the phone

TireRack.com is also a great site

Stock Honda OEM pads

:Duffman: OOOOHHHH YYYYYEEEEAAAAAhhh

Back