1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Upgrades

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Uppertorso, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Uppertorso

Uppertorso Senior Member

Hey guys, I have done a B16a swap into my 4th gen civic, now I am finding that the brakes are a little under par. I want to upgrade the front brakes to integra style rotors/calipers/bracket. What vehicle would I take all of these parts with??? I have tried to find this info, but to no avail. Thanks in advance!
    :blink:

2. civiceg6

civiceg6 Member

I have a DA that is about to get strip. Because I'm salvaging parts from it and also got a DC2 Integra. To me it look the same and measure the same I believe so.

3. sirex

sirex Junior Member

They are both the same and bolt right in. I have a 90 crx si with the b16a1 swap and I have the 'teg brake calipers , rotors, and knuckles. but I think they will only fit if you have 15 in. wheels or bigger.

4. ciastosz

ciastosz New Member

Hello,

I've got '91 CRX Si with a B16A swap made. Now I'd like to know if complete front brake system (262mm) from EK4 ('98 Civic VTI) would fit. I know it fits into EG and I heard also that EG front brakes fit into EDs. Do I need a camber correction kit?? My wheels are 15"...

5. fastacc

fastacc Doin work!!!

as I understand it the eg stuff is different than ed. 90-93 teg front will work but they are about 11" so probably wouldn't work with small wheels. Also good to run the teg master cylinder

6. ciastosz

ciastosz New Member

Yeah but I need info about EK4 brakes converstion into ED..I know EK and EG are almost the same, but I need to be sure...I heard that EG brakes (same as in DC2 4x100) fit into ED...and EK fit into EG...but I need short answer about putting Ek brakes into ED...sorry :)

7. tip

tip Senior Member

you can change the mas. cyl. but you don't want to use the teg. one. the one you would want to use is from a 91 ex civic sedan 15/16" and this way all the lines are in the same spot

8. ciastosz

ciastosz New Member

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Get the 90-91 Civic EX steering knuckles, then bolt on Accord Wagon calipers if you want to go to 11" rotors. Search "4G brake upgrade" on Google and I guarantee you'll find what you're looking for. You want to look at the old hybrid-honda and crx.perf sites.

10. ciastosz

ciastosz New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted