Brian's EK (Under Construction)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UPDATE:

...I have decided to go the Turbo D. I am gonna build and boost the current motor and see what she will get me.

what is the current engine? if you need some advise on builing it up PM me.

However, I will still continue to build the other block and eventually use it, maybe in another car build

yeah, definately keep building the b-block. now you can save up to put some more cash into it. :D

now you can save up to put some more cash into it.
biggrin.gif
why not save it and keep it in an interest bearing acc?...

brian the whole point of doing the d would be to save? right?

if not then go for the b series build. it's money better spent....

Gentlemen..... we have a JACKASS!His name is ziggi20!Congrats!

And when was the last time he posted in this thread?? LOOKS LIKE 16 DAYS AGO!!

Looks like that makes you a jackass too! Congrats!

:ufucktard:
Sorry for the thread-jack, but had to say something...

why not save it and keep it in an interest bearing acc?...

brian the whole point of doing the d would be to save? right?

if not then go for the b series build. it's money better spent....

as fate would have it, I have changed my mind again. After planning it out and doing some calculations, a b-series build will be the better overall value in the long run.

um... i don't get it...

that is the same I thought.

yeah, i mean you already have the work being done... why not just stick with it? the boosted b will have more power potential than the boosted d.

head over to misti's thread.... there's gonna be a clam shot eventually:D

Ok, been a while since I posted up in here.

Just thought I would give you all an update.

First motor ended having a useless block, but good internals.

Got a "new" one and took it apart. Gonna get it built and turbo it.

Now here is what I am wondering. If want to turbo the motor, but I don't to run ungodly amounts of boost through it to achieve my goal (25 or greater psi) of 400-450whp. After doing some research, I am, still undecided as to what compression ratio to run. I know that I can a run a higher compression ratio and utilize less boost to achieve decent number or a low compression and high boost and possibly achieve the same results.

I was looking at a compression ratio somewhere between 8.5:1 to 9.9:1 ( lets just say under 10.0:1 ).

Here is what I got when I bought the first motor(*) and what I have bought(**):

JDM B18C block **
Darton Sleeves bored to 84mm (Closed deck) *
JE Pistons 84mm ( 8.5:1 ) *
Manley Rods *
ARP Rod bolts *
Type R crank ( micropolished ) *
and some new ACL bearings when all it assembled.

So you know, the pistons will either be 84mm or 84.5mm pistons when it is rebuilt.

So, what compression ratio would you all recommend for this build. I have a few thousand for this build and also, this would a be a daily driver (boost will be turned down depending on how high it is).

Last edited:
holy shit and fuck that!!! wayyyy tooo high compression pistons... go with some ross 8.5 to 1's or 9.0 to 1's... no higher!!! you will have serious detonation problems if you get those pistons and then go to toss 10 psi at it... NO HIGHER THAN 9.0 TO 1!!!!

*end turbo sol freak out*

holy shit and fuck that!!! wayyyy tooo high compression pistons... go with some ross 8.5 to 1's or 9.0 to 1's... no higher!!! you will have serious detonation problems if you get those pistons and then go to toss 10 psi at it... NO HIGHER THAN 9.0 TO 1!!!!

*end turbo sol freak out*

^^^what? How is 9.8.1 to high.... explain...

ANd build a gsr motor to just run 10psi..wtf.. He can easily run 20psi on stock sleeves with a good tune. trust me i know.^_^

^^^what? How is 9.8.1 to high.... explain...

ANd build a gsr motor to just run 10psi..wtf.. He can easily run 20psi on stock sleeves with a good tune. trust me i know.^_^
ok. the compression level is going to be way to high. without using an octane booster/race fuel he is going to have detonation. my crotch rocket has a CR of 11 to 1 and NEEDS 91 octane to run properly. and yes he can run 20 psi but i have a feeling he might not want to pust it that high... that and if he were to run 9.8 to 1's at even 15 psi he would be getting detonation and would have to find a way of dropping the CR. high compression has never been a friend of bigger boost numbers. in my opinion and my boss's opinion( he owns a high performance shop and deals with hondas in specific) go with a 9 to 1 or 8.5 to 1 especially if running in the 15 to 20 psi range.

ok. the compression level is going to be way to high. without using an octane booster/race fuel he is going to have detonation. my crotch rocket has a CR of 11 to 1 and NEEDS 91 octane to run properly. and yes he can run 20 psi but i have a feeling he might not want to pust it that high... that and if he were to run 9.8 to 1's at even 15 psi he would be getting detonation and would have to find a way of dropping the CR. high compression has never been a friend of bigger boost numbers. in my opinion and my boss's opinion( he owns a high performance shop and deals with hondas in specific) go with a 9 to 1 or 8.5 to 1 especially if running in the 15 to 20 psi range.
WHAT? no way... you can run that compression piston with no problem of detonation. Just tune the damn car the right way. Ive PLayed/tuned plenty of b16's with high cr and never had a problem. I can run 93 octane all day with that high of a cr and not have a problem. It has to do a lot with tuning.
Either way i, myself like 9.1 cr better. I'll be pushing 30+ psi this year with stock bore 81mm 9.1cr cp pistons.
Read this..
and this..

Hope it all helps.

Back