bringing the CRX back to the track build/thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there should be a setting on the machine that lets you change where you stick it on at

The Hunter we have at work allows you of all places to locate the weights INSIDE the wheel. Pretty time consuming, but worth it if you have low clearence or baller status wheels.

no its in the actual rim, just you can choose where on the inside, like the edge, middle, or towards the spokes

When I did it. It usually told me to put x amount near the outside and x amount near the inside. Obviously, the inside is where I'm having clearance issues.

I run clip on weights on the inside lip. Dont hafta worry about heat takin em out, and I dont hafta look at some ugly ass weights.

Build looks great!

The wheel weights could be an issue once you actually drive and brake. My itr brakes flexed some and actually tore off my wheel weights with about the same clearance. I ended up grinding the calipers down some to give more clearance (not an option for you with the nice wilwoods).

Why did I just scroll past this thread all this time? You got yourself a awesome build here. As for the balance weights, I've seen decent tire techs do the clip on weights on the inner wheel lips as well. If you ask some one to do the inner lips and they start tossing more than 1 of those clips, go find someone else to do it.

Yeah.

It's getting cold out. Not much to do. Still waiting on those 2 crucial bushings for the front suspension. Also waiting on the cf hood I ordered. I bought the VIS sir style hood for usdm front ends. I also picked up a j's racing replica front lip in urethane. I just haven't attached it to the bumper yet. It came with 3M double sided trim tape, but still looks kinda flimsy, so I might look into stiffening it up.

Do what everyone else does with body parts, wood screw em in a place where everyone can see it.

Where are you!! Ha ha!

So you should look into STL in SCCA Club racing, its a new class for swapped cars and you would be legal for most everything on your car minus a few things.

This is the class I'm looking at, I know you are just getting started with the HPDE's but maybe something to look into for down the road.

Hey. Work on this has been stale since I'm waiting for parts still. Lol.

I did pick up a cf hood and hood pins. I'll see about getting some pics up soon.

bringing this back from the dead!

after 7 months of waiting, i finally got the last spherical bushings i was waiting for. i bought everything from Jeff Owen (Kiwi) of Special Projects Motorsports out of CA. he ended up having to design and manufacture a custom bushing. he didnt charge me extra, i just had to wait for it. and now he sells a whole kit for CRXs. although the wait sucked and held me back, it was worth it to have something readily available for the CRXs now.

the last piece, front LCAs with sphericals installed (the smaller silver/bronze bushings are the ones i was waiting for, not the black/silver shock bushing)

IMG_0413.JPG

i tossed the front drivers side suspension together this afternoon before work, just need to do the pass side.

left to do (kind of in this order):
finish assembling front suspension
install CF hood with aerocatch hood pins
get front wheels rebalanced with clip on weights (sticky weights are hitting the calipers)
get corner balanced and aligned (maybe have to roll fenders)
remove sound deadening material on floors
source 2 racing seats and harnesses
find a shop to weld in a custom roll bar / half cage (behind seats, tying into shock towers)
get some rust spots fixed/patched up
get a cheap coat of paint on the car, im thinking some maaco
install all new honda factory trim (i have just laying around lol)

Last edited:
i actually want to use 2 seats. figured id protect my instructor lol.

did some work mounting the carbon fiber hood today. and i cut some holes for the Aerocatch hood pins. i did the cutting free hand with a dremel and it came out pretty much perfect. i have some templates that i used for a perfect hole, traced around it, and the just used the dremel to cut along the lines. i was a little scared of cutting up my 700 dollar hood, but it came out great. as you can see i had to cut out the bracing on the bottom so i could get to the flat top skin of cf so i could use the template accurately.

IMG_04181.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

ill do the other side tomorrow as well as finish installing the latches to the hood.

so this is a fiberglass hood with a carbon fiber top layer?

Back