1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy it or keep looking

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Remedy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Remedy

Remedy New Member

I came across a 94 Del Sol with a blown B16A3 and about 160k mi. I was thinking about buying it and dropping a new engine in. Trouble is I can't match up that engine for a replacement. The closest I can find is the B16A SiR 2. I want to replace the engine with an equivalent and drive it... no racing. So here is the question, what is the easiest and/or most cost effective replacement that makes sense? Do all swaps require a new tranny and modified axles?

The guy wants 3k for the car and the pix I saw show a good looking car with loads of money dropped on "rice" (CF hood, custom paint, fenders/ bumpers, rims). It looks nice but since it doesn't run it is hard to say what its worth. I figure if it ran it would be worth 3-4k. What should I offer or should I just pass? Heres some pix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

3. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Humm.. I would offer maybe 2-3k max... Then get a motor, after all, u need to find the motor and tow the car to your place.. just my thoughts.. Nice looking car though

4. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

You said it yourself, the money he spent on 'rice'

I'd pass, find a running D16Z6 car identical to to that for the same Price I'm sure.

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

never ever ever pay more than $1200 for a car with no engine unless it has a $1000 suspension and other expensive, functional mods.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

An SiR2 motor will work, and should pretty much be a drop-in replacement. A B16A2 from the 99-00 Si will work also, but you would need an OBD conversion harness.

7. Remedy

Remedy New Member

Thanks for the advice so far.

On a side note there is a local importer called Rising Sun engines. Has anyone had a good/bad experience with them?

8. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

I bought a transmission from them.. they're a little on the expensive side, but didn't have any issues with the tranny.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted