Cam gears?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ya its the main downfall to my car, no low end torque. First gear is usually a lose with cars near my power range, by near end of 2nd im pulling. Guess all ill need is a better manifold.

Anything else i can do to get more power? (Please no smart ass comments like TURBO or STAGE 3 CAMS!)

Has it been tuned professionally? Take it to a tuner and tell them what the problem is. You'd be suprised how big of a difference a good tune can make.

The cams arnt in yet, and no it hasent been tuned, im still looking for a place around here, chances are ill have to take a trip to Toronto sometime. Anything else?

Underdrive pulley, aluminum flywheel, header/catback ( if you are looking to increase top end).

Underdrive will only free up a few ponies, but with that, adj cam gears, and al flywheel, you will save a lot of weight on your rotating mass

Rotational mass only helps when you had torque there to begin with.

Actually imo if you have less torque, you will see the benefits of the light weight more, as you already have less torque to begin with, so every bit that you lose to the fw is a larger percentage.... if that makes sense.

Also you will see MUCH better engine response

Yes thank you i realize its a 1.6, what do you want from me?

Ill look into the underdrive pullies. I will be getting the adj gears. A light flywheel will be nice. Ill try to knock off some weight out of my car, including my weight :huh:. Thanks caboose, ha ha everytime i see your name i think of Red Vs Blue.

ha ha everytime i see your name i think of Red Vs Blue.

Where do you think it came from!, LOL... happy someone noticed. My xbl name is actually fear caboose 1.

I picked it because I tend to be a little grenade happy at times and kill teammates, so i figured it was fitting.

actually my little icon above my halo guy is the grenade, lol

can't say i didn't warn them

Don't use under drive pulleys on a street car unless you like replacing your accessories. And never use an aftermarket crank pulley on a Honda, use a CTR N1.

Under drive pulleys save accessories

I have a aftermarket crank pulley too

Anything else i can do to get more power? (Please no smart ass comments like TURBO or STAGE 3 CAMS!)

Nitrous. shoot for a direct port nitrous system. I hear their the safest kit there is right now. correct me if im wrong. if not run with a 75 wet shot.

Well its an option but im not a fan of it nor the temporary horsepower, but i thats one none the less.

Back