can someone help (revlimiter problem)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmh22a

ive just swapped in a h22a into my civic with a p13 ecu . the thing is the revlimiter kicks in at about 6800 - 6900 , im thinking this isn't right because i have seen them rev to about 8000 stock . has anybody else come accross this ? or have any ideas .
thanks

nope never happend just plug a p72 or a p30 up and see where it redlines with those

yup, thats what i use on my h22a the only thing is the p30 will not work your butterflies but the p72 will i just took my butterflies out so it didnt matter

il be getting a skunk 2 inlet manifold in two weeks so that will be ok , the p30 and p72 are for smaller engines yeah ? they probably have diffrent fuel maps i expect . at least il see if it redlines higher

i put the p30 on mine because my p13 was for a auto tranny and i got sick of seeing the check light on, but it run fine with me

yup thats it, slap out the ecu and see if that helps it should be fine after that

Last edited:
i have a 98 civic hx and i just did a b16a swap from a 99 si and im having the same problem my rev limiter should rev to 8000 but mine hits at 6400?

Last edited:
its a bitch in it , im going to try what aahvtec sugested soon as i find an ecu . the car still goes like fuck

do NOT run a p30 or p72 on an h22 unless its been chipped and has a custom program on it.

Not only do h22's have different sized injectors than the b18 and b16, the fuel maps are very wrong for it.

If you are throwing a code, fix your code first. There is 0 use in diagnossing a rev limit problem while you have codes showing.

ELD is wiried into the distributor wiring harness and has nothing to do with automatics, if that was the implied reference.
trace it down and make sure its wired in correctly.

Back