Car sold... WTF!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Did i mention it was hit by an F250 at 35mph+?

i'd have to say the rex took it like a fucking champ. as did mine. i have no problems with the way the CRX takes a beating. that's why i bought another one after getting mashed up this last summer.

Just have to watch out for side impact collisions:D

I think people just need to suck it up and stop overcompensating with bigass cars.

I honestly want to punch people that state I need a giant car for protection. Only thing I see it just leaves no witnesses, which isn't necessarily a bad thing now that I think about it.

w00t post 665. think i need to post something for 666?

Last edited:
Yo, I completely agree, I would rather buy a FIT than a suburban, and not because it's a Honda, or because of it's gas milage. You know whats funny through? Eventhrough it's not true, the EF civic hatch seems to actually be safer than the CRX, figure that!

(I'm talking about in my head btw, not statistically.)

Hey I love em too, but my friends uncle was paralyzed when he was involved in a coolision. His dad asked him to never buy a CRX because of it, and I kind of agree. It's a great car, but too fragile for me.

Wait, you drove a car when you were 14 with no license? Did I get that right? And you wrecked it? :whistle:

EDIT: I wonder what kind of occasion would require this one: :nobreed:
Just kidding!

It was 7 years ago...you live and you learn. Both my parents were out of town and i couldnt get anyone to take me to work. So i drove...into a mailbox.

CRXs are safe. Just don't lean against a first gen.

First gen owners are familiar with the 10 minute speech they give their friends on what not to touch, and what not to do. The bodies are like houses of cards, and there are LOTS of things just "sitting there" in place held in by hopes and dreams. Like the sunroof panel, that pops open everytime you close the door.

Like the sunroof panel, that pops open everytime you close the door.

haha that happened in my '89 Si too..moreso after the pside actuator broke though. ahh...it's love, what i feel for the CRX. just pure :wub:. i'd pat it on its head (read: slam the fucker back down where it belongs) and we'd hit the road together.

i miss having a sunroof.

A week after I sold my old car (99' EM1), the guy called me threatening to sue me because the engine had blown. After a mechanic looked at it, we found out that he had hydrolocked it through the cai. The guy then threatened to sue me because I didn't disclose the dangers of running a cai. Then the guy disapeared and I never heard from him again.

First gen owners are familiar with the 10 minute speech they give their friends on what not to touch, and what not to do. The bodies are like houses of cards, and there are LOTS of things just "sitting there" in place held in by hopes and dreams. Like the sunroof panel, that pops open everytime you close the door.

Dont lean on the front bumper (it will shatter) and dont lean on the front fenders...they break into smaller pieces...every time. my friend's first gen, just had a little sliver of a passenger fender by the time he sold it for the 2nd gen.

Thats not bad for the damage. Hell my old Silverado ripped the truck off of a thunderbird. I was doing 40-45, he was doing an estimated 80 when he hit me. I have seen pics of crxes in some bad wreck where the people walked out.

It was 7 years ago...you live and you learn. Both my parents were out of town and i couldnt get anyone to take me to work. So i drove...into a mailbox.

Yeah, my bad for being a bit of an ass... I dont exactly have the cleanest driving record either.

EDIT: But at least I got into a PROPER car wreck!:rotflmao:

Again, that's the one thing about TRULY safe cars! Hondas, and MB let themselves get destroyed in order to save YOUR life.

Toyotas, and some of the older american cars seem to hold up to a wreck better, but that does not mean that they are actually safer for the people inside.

:eek:
............I feel like vomiting after seeing that poor crx.......

Shit someone posted a vid showing a 5th gen civic sedan take a hit at 60mph to the side. I was like daaaaaamn I'm saving up for a rollcage.

I've been in 2 wrecks both in a big ass truck. First my brother took me and a friend to blockbuster to rent some vids in his 84 chevy and we were all high and didn't have seatbelts on so he hit the big ass concrete that holds the sign (it's like a cylinder 4ft tall 4ft diameter of solid concrete, you can't miss it) while speeding thru the parking lot and my head smashed into the dash.

Then there was the time my friend was driving his truck (95 silverado) we were coming home from hauling some shit to the trailer when we moved and he wanted to have some fun in a gravel drive thru semi-circle surrounded by trees...he tried to drift and lost control and we hit a big ass tree head-on at 45 mph and, again, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, so my face smashed into his dash and left a big ass dent in it. LOL both of our little bro's were in the back and his lil bro broke his nose on the headrest.

You would've thought I learned the first time..but now I always buckle up LOL.

I would be fucking pissed if I sold a car that I put that much work into and saw it wrecked or in a junkyard, and I'd probably track down the guy I sold it to and kick his ass. But then again, I'd never sell something I put that muck work into under any circumstance.

Shit someone posted a vid showing a 5th gen civic sedan take a hit at 60mph to the side. I was like daaaaaamn I'm saving up for a rollcage.

I've been in 2 wrecks both in a big ass truck. First my brother took me and a friend to blockbuster to rent some vids in his 84 chevy and we were all high and didn't have seatbelts on so he hit the big ass concrete that holds the sign (it's like a cylinder 4ft tall 4ft diameter of solid concrete, you can't miss it) while speeding thru the parking lot and my head smashed into the dash.

Then there was the time my friend was driving his truck (95 silverado) we were coming home from hauling some shit to the trailer when we moved and he wanted to have some fun in a gravel drive thru semi-circle surrounded by trees...he tried to drift and lost control and we hit a big ass tree head-on at 45 mph and, again, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, so my face smashed into his dash and left a big ass dent in it. LOL both of our little bro's were in the back and his lil bro broke his nose on the headrest.

You would've thought I learned the first time..but now I always buckle up LOL.

I would be fucking pissed if I sold a car that I put that much work into and saw it wrecked or in a junkyard, and I'd probably track down the guy I sold it to and kick his ass. But then again, I'd never sell something I put that muck work into under any circumstance.

I'm not really pissed at all, I'm just happy the guy is OK.

It would have been much cooler for this to happen
1Gcrx.jpg

Back