Car theft. How can I prevent it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Have it hardwired on the ecu ala F&F2? Or, is that just another "only in the world of Fast &Furious" where passenger side floors fall out and GSXs only do 137 mph WITH nitro

removable stearing wheel 4 kill switches(battery, ecu, ignition, lights(car driving with no head lights is a lil conspicuous and "easier" to find driving down the road)) the boot turn/lock wheel clutch lock and if you have a gravel driveway dig a whole put a bar in it fill with cement and place chain with hook on it and attach to car ever night. wouldnt stop them but if they dont see it it will slow them down and give you a chance to pull out the shotty and a motioin acctivated light pointed at it. and as far as gps the best spot if you have nice seats cut open the bottom and put in there cuz if they are nice theyll steal those too and bam you know where the rest of yo shit is

removable stearing wheel 4 kill switches(battery, ecu, ignition, lights(car driving with no head lights is a lil conspicuous and "easier" to find driving down the road)) the boot turn/lock wheel clutch lock and if you have a gravel driveway dig a whole put a bar in it fill with cement and place chain with hook on it and attach to car ever night. wouldnt stop them but if they dont see it it will slow them down and give you a chance to pull out the shotty and a motioin acctivated light pointed at it. and as far as gps the best spot if you have nice seats cut open the bottom and put in there cuz if they are nice theyll steal those too and bam you know where the rest of yo shit is

what the fuck

Well, I'm a believer in motion detector flood lights and cameras and alarms, and dogs and shotguns.

Motion detection floods and a camera is a pretty good idea.

Hatch has Clifford alarm system with ignition interrupt - adding alarm would be good when you can.

Here's a couple of pics of what the camera sees as viewed on a 20" LCD security system monitor. Lorex system.

Daytime.
Security%20Honda%20Day.jpg

Night time with security motion detector floods tripped on:
Security%20Honda%20Night.jpg

The central element to my security system is Field Marshall Casey von Ratzenhund:
Casey%20in%20Office.jpg

Night Training......
Casey%20Biting%20Mike1.jpg

The Bottom Line: Defensive only of course.
Mossberg%20590.JPG

Already ran some jerkoff down for reaching through open window and stealing change from console one afternoon while I was mowing yard. Alarm went off, heard it from back yard and went inside to security system and viewed recorded video about 1 minute back and there he was. Saw which way he went and took a run down the street and gave him a little scare. This was before Casey started his training.

We really can't stop some slimeball from trying to steal or stealing our rides.

If they attempt it at my house, odds are my favor and I'll have their asses on DVR. In which case, I can probably make their departure a bit unpleasant - Casey will hunt now and I'm pretty good with a shotgun if he needs top cover.

I genuinely hope it never comes to that. But, some SOB comes on my property stealing, I will confront them.

Good luck with your setup and I hope your ride never gets stolen.

Last edited:
Schutzhund, nice.. that dog is ready to take fools to the ground.. lol

Schutzhund, nice.. that dog is ready to take fools to the ground.. lol
Thanks! That's my boy. 2 1/2 yrs old July 7th.

Yeah he's very capable @ 127 lbs - but, not to be taken lightly in the area of liability by using him. Only as a last resort as I wouldn't put him needlessly or carelessly in harms way both physically and legally. They ain't gonna put a needle in one of my dog's veins for a "Vicious Bite". They'll have to pry his leash from my cold dead fingers. LOL!

I"ve had trained dogs for most of the past 36 years, made 2 arrests, one a full blown "Send him off the the back of a cop car" scenario. Set up some jerk in a sting at a church parking lot and caught him red handed breaking into my buddies 1967 Chevelle to steal stereo system. That arrest was made with my buddies dog Lloyd in case of a bite and liability. There was no bite fortunately. In fact, there never has been a bite - not yet and I hope to keep it that way.

Beyond that, I've used my dogs in a private landscape maintenance business (1991-1998) doing all residential accounts and never had a complaint from a customer about any of them. In fact those with kids used to pet the dogs and one customer had a little girl that used to climb in the back of my truck and bear hug these two when ever I was working that account.

Bart%20%26%20Kodi.jpg

Kodi.jpg

Never had a complaint from a neighbor either. My dogs are nice, like big Teddy Bears - one would never know their capabilities. I take Casey into the cigar lounge I frequent - they love him there - owner gives him hot dogs and other treats. He gets a monthly bath at a nearby Petsmart - the groomer says he's real sweet.

Tell ya what though, like most others around here - I have little or no tolerance for theiving ba$tards. Casey can switch modes in the blink of an eye if/when necessary.

Car is fairly secure at home - when out I rely on the Clifford alarm and not parking it in too crappy an area. But, really you never know.

To the OP - get your stuff situated ASAP. If you have any questions about the camera setup I'm using PM me.

Last edited:
Back