Car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WindZC

Hi I have a Honda Civic HB with a ZC motor and at first my relay wouldnt click the ecu wouldnt start and I have no power at the fuel pump well now I have fixed everything but power at the fuel pump and I cant start my car. Any Ideas what it could be (its a new fuel pump I just put in) still I dunno. I have been doing this swap for the last month and I would just like for it to start please help me if u can. Also after trying to start a couple times would the starter start getting really hot?

make sure all your grounds are secure, especially the one at the thermostat housing - this one affects the fuel pump

so it cranks over but wont start?check your timing,well first make sure you got fuel,then i would say get a new dis cap/rotor..check all your wires and fuses

well after I replaced my starter, my fuel pump started magically turning on. It was pretty friggen weird. Let me give u the quick run down this was a DX to a ZC swap tried the whole DX to ZC conversion *IT SUCKS* so I converted my whole car to Si. I removed my DX cabin harness and switched it to Si. then the next thing u know I lost power at the ecu and fuel pump *blew a fuse* replace the fuse and everything comes back but the fuel pump so I stare at my starter as it seems to be growing green mold as I stare hard at it and my friend Mr. Honda-tech is like wow this starter looks really weird bro. *from the DX* so we replace it with the si to learn the si extends much further then the Dx and the next thing u know pissssssss fuel pump comes on after a couple turn overs nothing still *cry* then we disconnect the fuel line to the rail to see if gas comes out. after a couple tries a few drops came out. Thinking to myself hmm this motor demands a little more gas then USDM my friend who also has the ZC swap says you know I have problems starting my car when I am low on gas and I am sure his low on gas is more then a gallon so tomorrow I will grab gas and HOPEFULLY *I really do hope since my Eclipse died yesterday* so hopefully my car will start with a little more gas. But thanks to u guys who responded a lot more helpful then some asswipes from thezcr.com

i have a b16 motor in my crx and im running the factory si fuel pump and it still runs fine and i know my tank is just a little less than a quarter full and the fuel thats in it is anout 5 or 6 months old cuz im still waiting to replace my clutch..sounds to me like you have an electrical problem somwhere,maybe some wires,maybe a couple of your fuses are the wrong amperage for your swap and what did you mean by when your starter was running so was your fuel pump?maybe i misread your post,i am pretty freakin tired

well after adding gas the car will still not start seems like im lacking pressure still

Back