To make a long story short... I got a business propisition jsut now from my old roomate from college. He's from LI and works in manhattan currently. He majored in marketing, and has been doing event planning for a lot of the big shows/events in the greater nyc metro. He's decided to make the move to start his own company. He's tired of seeing 200k an event not go to him when he does all the work for it. With that, comes the need for a killer web-based promotional side as well- something that i'm good at (at least i'd like to think so). Plus, flyers, print media, and so forth... graphic design, all that good stuff. Well, he offered me a position to work with him. Now, for the fine print... like most startups- he's got little to no capital. which means, i'm not going to get paid. Not at first anyway. I have no problem with building the corporate website for him as a favor to a good friend. Hell, i lived with the kid for 3 years of my life. We've had soem great times- and the time i would spend on something of the nature would not even make me think twice about not getting paid for it- its something friends do for each other. Im SURE he'd help me. Aside from the fine print, he offered once it gets rolling that he would double my salary-- which would bump me to 120k a year. Frankly, that's unheard of in the web industry. 80-ish k tops out for most deisgner/developers who are just stupid good at what they do. But WHEN? or EVER? its a 50/50 shot. For starters, I could do this from home in my spare time- and keep my current job. but as it is, my spare time is limited (hence, no updates here in forever) and there will come a time where i'm going to have to say fuck it and quit, or say its too much of a risk and stay at my current job. The bad end of the stick- is that it will mean moving to nyc probably by next year. i'm a suburban guy... 50-100k cities and shit... i don't think i could handel living there. its fun to go to for a day/night out, but to live there- i don't know. At the same time, im in the market for a house... i've been browsing ads pretty seriously, and am about a month away from getting myself a realitor to move forward with it. so i'm kinda in the position where its now or never... and fucked if i don't, stay the same if i do kinda deal. what would you do? thoughts? suggestions?