CD player not turning off PLEASE HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skiefer

When i orginally bought my 95 honda accord ex it had the stock tape deck in it. Occasionally it would not turn off when I turned my car off, I couldn't figure out why. I figured something wrong with the wiring. So I rewired everything and put in my Pioneer Premier Deh-p780mp. I also used a wiring harness made specificly made for my car and I double check all the wiring. I have had it in for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden tonight at work it did it again. When I turned the car off instead of the cd player turning off immediately like it is supposed to, it stays on for like 15 seconds and then turns off. Incidently, my power antenna broke today, would that have anything to do with it at all? I am thinking not considering it was doing it before. Please help me, this is very annoying and I need to figure out what is causing this. ANY HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.

nope, it stays on withe key out and door open for like 15 secs, it's a brand new cd player and it did it from time to time with the stock stereo so I know it's not the head unit.

Wiring is messed up. Whether it's in the harness or in the car, you have a couple wires crossed. Check your yellow and red power cables. ;)

your have a power wire, ground wire, and a remote turn on wire, you need to make sure that your remote turn on wire is hooked up properly.
I had a similar problem and ended up hooking it to the power wire and it worked.

is your power and memory wires connected together. That may be the problem. But I dont see how that would work because it just started with the problem. But its just a thought.

you are right. sometimes there is a problem with the remote turn on wire, you just need to make sure it is connected to the harness correctly (if you are using one) and if not then try the above, i figured it out by taking it to best buy, slipping the guy in the back a $20 and telling him to fix it real quick (make sure you take CD player out first, so they will be more apt to do it)

those kids will do anything for a 20

;) Here's a thought.... I know that some Pioneer decks cam with an "anti-theft" feature that had wires in the harness that connected to both the door trigger and horn allowing for a 15 secind exit period. Make sure that you follow the standardized wiring.
Yellow=12volt
Red=ACC 12volt
Blue w/ wht. stripe= Rem. turn on
white wires are left frt
grey wires are right frt.
greens = left rear
purples = right rear
a solid blue wire will generally be the P. Antenna lead
(on Mazda 626's w. P. Ant.s, a relay is needed)

So making sure you have all that right..... then google for your vehicle's wiring colors....I know that the main harness under the steering wheel should have two harnesses in shny black jacketing.... in there you'll find:
BIG THICK WHITE WIRE= 12VOLT
THICK BLACK WIRE WITH YELLOW STRIPE= 12V IGN.

If you're really a stickler for having a good power supply for your deck...
(cuz we all know that the sound we hear is only as good as the source that puts it out), then wire it that way using a good clean bare metal surface for your ground.

If not, then grab a 15$ test light for "Parts-o-Rama" or whereever the heck you shop, and test all your fuses... don't forget the 7.5Amp one under the hood.
Then, if all your fuses are good make your connections systematically,
start by testing
12volt that's on all the time; connect the yellow deck wire(white with blue stripe, i think.
then turn the key one click to the ACC position, find the wire that shows 12 volts; and at the same time turn your park lights on; if the test light goes off it's not the right wire.
Do the same for the ground wire, or make your own.... i think the ground is black on the car radio harness.
Course, it would have been much less time consuming to just leave the OEM harness intact and spend the 15 bones on a car harness adapter.
If you're not color-blind, then by now you'rd be a happenin' dude.
Then, with all this time that you've saved, you could take your favorite girl to that special little dead end street where we all like to show them how to "get to heaven".
Cheers
^_^

Back