CEL on 97 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
any suggestions?

is this located in the actual dizzy?

well it depends what the code is in particular.... in obd1 92-95 all cam and crank sensors were in the dizzy, if you were getting this code on an obd 1, youd be replacing the dizzy. if your car is obd2, which is what im assuming, it uses a crank sensor AT THE CRANKSHAFT, not inside the distributor, so your code could be saying its not gettin signal from the crank sensor , they arent too bad to change if thats the case.

more info could help your situation! :)

oh i see

car is a 1997 civic...
as stated in the title...

i recently did the timing belt and don't recall seeing a crank sensor on it...?
any ideas?

so update

my sister went to auto zone and they pulled a "misfire" code and advised her to change cap, plugs and wires...
then it won;t start at all
so she got a new dizzy
still no start
new rotor and still no start

when it did start the computer light was solidly on and then flashing while it was running... the only time i have seen this is when i left the code jumper hooked up on my P28, started the car and the CEL flashed while it was running...

so is her computer shot?
i was also told to look into the blue box relay on the kick panel and to check the internal coil/make sure the spring was all the way in the cap and making correct contact...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
come on, no one knows these OBD2's?
I MIGHT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
NEED MORE INFO
HOW DOES THE CAR SOUND WHEN U START IT B4 JUMPING THE CONNECTOR AND THEN AFTER
WHAT KIND OF MOTOR(AND SWAPS)
HAD THIS PROBLEM WHICH CAME INTO MY SHOP.......IT TURNED OUT TO BE TIMING WAS WAY OFF(TENSIONER WAS REALLY LOOSE)
HOW LONG DID IT HAPPEN AFTER U DID THE TIMING WHEN THIS PROBLEM OCCURED

Back