Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OH, and I hate my helmet lock. It hangs my helmet right on the pipe.

I mean, is there a better way to use this ? How do people hook their helmet on the back like it's solid ?
i never used the helmet lock exactly for that reason. plus its too easy for someone to steal your helmet by cutting the chin strap.

i never used the helmet lock exactly for that reason. plus its too easy for someone to steal your helmet by cutting the chin strap.

People argue that people can easily take a helmet by cutting the chinstrap but then you made it so you can't wear the helmet!

You'd have make another strap and then trust your life on it.

You can order replacement chinstraps for most models. I would even go out on a limb and say all higher end helmets. Of course, I havent handled every single helmet on the market, so try not to flame me on this one.

But a thief doesnt think these things. He thinks.. OOooOo.. Shiny!

And then runs off with your helmet, giggling.

You can order replacement chinstraps for most models. I would even go out on a limb and say all higher end helmets. Of course, I havent handled every single helmet on the market, so try not to flame me on this one.

But a thief doesnt think these things. He thinks.. OOooOo.. Shiny!

And then runs off with your helmet, giggling.

If anything I'd just cut the strap then throw the helmet at the ground for research. =)

I wont leave my helmet on my helmet lock because it sits on the painted surface. My bike is near perfect. I'm not willing to scratch anything.

kids steal them to have helmets at the drag strip and such. a lot of places don't inspect that throughly. they just look to see if it's on the car seat or something.

Double losers !

My tree is getting scratched by the key, and I have a weird scratch on the clutch handle bar. I have no clue what could cause that.

But soon it'll be time for accessories, like a tank bra. Little scratches on it (From what, again, I dunno. Must be my coat)

Double losers !

My tree is getting scratched by the key, and I have a weird scratch on the clutch handle bar. I have no clue what could cause that.

But soon it'll be time for accessories, like a tank bra. Little scratches on it (From what, again, I dunno. Must be my coat)
First thing I did after buying a bike was buy one of these wristband keychain thingies.
I used a juice jug to show off how I use it =) the extra keys go to the front of the bike. I've yet to scratch anything. well maybe the front of the lock itself but I've never noticed it before and I'm picky as hell about scratches.

Attachments

• DSC03057.JPG
    DSC03057.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 224
I've bought one just like that, but black. Second, get a tank pad.

looks familiar. i have one to. it gets about 60mpg. top speed 105mph. if you are going to keep it for a while, get some new signals and a fender eliminator. get a tank pad to. oh yeah, a heat gun works really well to get the flames off.
100_0181.jpg

100_0182.jpg

100_0177.jpg

I hope you enjoy yours as much as i have mine. [/threadjack]

Sweet, now I know a few of the things i'm gonna do when I get mine.

huh? what about? =)
to find out how much he owes so i know how much to give him for it... lazy bastard.

Im jealous of you Steve, today is a perfect day to ride.. maybe a little chilly (40) but its clear sky, no clouds, nice and sunny... well maybe its for the better... suppose to get 5-8 tomorrow and snow until monday.. WTF.

to find out how much he owes so i know how much to give him for it... lazy bastard.

Im jealous of you Steve, today is a perfect day to ride.. maybe a little chilly (40) but its clear sky, no clouds, nice and sunny... well maybe its for the better... suppose to get 5-8 tomorrow and snow until monday.. WTF.

Yeah, I'm not riding it today. Today was frosty and like an hour after I got here things cleared up. High winds, as expected. Tomorrow is rain / sleet mix and Friday may be sloppy from that. So it looks like it's away until saturday.

I have a Peugeot to drive now, but it's not legal. So I'm getting rides to work.

And I'm playing around with the idea of selling this, getting a Ruckus for the next few months, then going for the Ninja 600R. Seriously, I like that bike. I thought it would be too much to handle, but I'm starting to get brave / cocky / stupid. Not sure which.

statistically the majority of accidents are within 12-36 months of a riders time on a bike. the majority of those are due to overconfidence...
if you believe in statistics that is :p

I can totally see that. When I'm on the road I'm far more humbled than I am sitting here, shaking my leg inpatient to get back on the machine.

The 250 does turn out to be pretty slow, and I have to rank on it to move off of a stand still.

I know the feeling you have steve. I tend to talk about riding, then when I get on the bike, I rarely ever break 10k rpms, or the speed limit for that matter, and I've been riding it since december.

I'm going riding again today, just like yesterday.

But I'd advise against the 600r. There are a lot of better bikes out there than that one that have stronger frames, a more race inspired design, and will give you a better fun factor. The only thing going for the 600r is the cheap price, and to me, a used bike is just as sufficient for that price.

Oh, I didn't think the 600 was overall "cheap" by any means.

When it comes down to it, I'll go for a used Aprilia or Ducati next time around.

Back